Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More finds from the bullet patch....

fwcrawford

I made these finds yesterday as it is starting to cool down finally and I have not been dirt detecting much the last couple of months.
The bullet is a Burnside round with part of the brass casing still attached along with some fired percussion caps.
One interesting find is the percussion cap embedded in a piece of melted lead.
While digging for one target, I realized I was very close to a yellow jacket nest, but it was still cool and they were not too active at the time.
This is the third one I have encountered in this small patch of woods.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0568.JPG

Nice finds. Weather is starting to cool down here . I hope to get out soon. Good luck hunting.

I hope you like that new 900 you got… I’m still using the 800… can’t seem to part with it just yet.
Good luck to you!!
I’m working on loosening your grip on that 800.

tmp.gif

Sweet Burnside Bullet!! Lots of yellow jackets at the bullet patch. Here is advice that I once received from a good friend concerning Yellow Jackets: when they start attacking you, just stay still and don’t move 🤭🤣🤣🤣

Geez, talk about buzz kill 😂😂

After I pour a little gas into the hole, they will not sting me either…..🤣😂
I preferred M 1000 or silver salutes at night.
Taped to a stick and shove em home.
Especially ground hornets.
Always worked very well.
Just don't have a light. They followed the beam first time I did that. Though today you can't get those nice firecrackers. 😣

I preferred M 1000 or silver salutes at night.
Taped to a stick and shove em home.
Especially ground hornets.
Always worked very well.
Just don't have a light. They followed the beam first time I did that. Though today you can't get those nice firecrackers. 😣
Yep, I tried to buy some firecrackers back in a July, but they are illegal to sell in my state…(Virginia)
You buy pot, but not firecrackers!!😡😡

Yep, I tried to buy some firecrackers back in a July, but they are illegal to sell in my state…(Virginia)
You buy pot, but not firecrackers!!😡😡
Ohio is Goofy. You can buy anything legal in the US.
But have to remove it from state in 24 hrs.
Of course nobody does.
I've known guys to buy bricks of firecrackers.
Cut em up for the powder and make big firecrackers. And the dummies using firecracker fuze blowing themselves up. 😆
Use cannon fuze. Be safe not stupid.

Ohio is Goofy. You can buy anything legal in the US.
But have to remove it from state in 24 hrs.
Of course nobody does.
I've known guys to buy bricks of firecrackers.
Cut em up for the powder and make big firecrackers. And the dummies using firecracker fuze blowing themselves up. 😆
Use cannon fuze. Be safe not stupid.
That’s why Darwin awards were invented 😂