Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Most Hated Words for a beach detectorist....

Donna(NJ

STAINLESS STEEL !!!

Just about has ruined beach hunting !!!!

I think everyone who beach hunts feels the pain.

So glad I just spent a fortune on a new machine. Gonna take a long time to pay off this one, at this rate.

Good Luck out there,

HH
Donna

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 315
But tungsten carbide has increased as well and some of that has some decent value! I’ve recovered one and estimated value is $100 so dont give up!!!!

Well if nothing else my kids and grandkids drool over some of them. Sounds like manufactures run the price up and they depreciated faster than they “appreciated”….

Well if nothing else my kids and grandkids drool over some of them. Sounds like manufactures run the price up and they depreciated faster than they “appreciated”….
That's jewelry for you My ex girlfriends Mom worked at Macy's and ran the jewelry department I got a $1000.00 pair of diamond studs for $450.00 her cost so the markup is huge!
Mark

I know a gentleman who worked his way thru college working in a jewelry store. He said that they marked up everything three times. If they paid 500 they sold it for 1500. Jewelry has a high mark up. but no where near as much as hering aids.

I know a gentleman who worked his way thru college working in a jewelry store. He said that they marked up everything three times. If they paid 500 they sold it for 1500. Jewelry has a high mark up. but no where near as much as hering aids.
No pun intended, but I hear you on the hearing aids 😬

Like I tell the kids that see me pull up a penny in the park, " One penny closer to that million dollar goal". One of them tell me "that's going to take you a long time" in which I test them. So how many more pennies do I need I ask them?
It's all just a hobby, enjoying what we have.

No pun intended, but I hear you on the hearing aids 😬
For years i took advantage of a program that allowed military retired to buy hearing aids at actual cost. Military audiologists participated and all you had to pay was actual cost. I paid a little over six hundred for a sis thousand pair of hearing aids. Yes they mark them up and they charge extremely high prices for the services they provide. I had a guy tell me they did not make a lot of money on hearing aids. it took a while before i quit laughing.

STAINLESS STEEL !!!

So glad I just spent a fortune on a new machine. Gonna take a long time to pay off this one, at this rate.

Good Luck out there,

HH
Donna
I’m afraid that’s going to be the new norm now. I’ve seen a steady drop on quality jewelry over the last few years at my beaches….. And, it’s not because it’s being hunted out too!

STAINLESS STEEL !!!

Good Luck out there,

HH
Donna
Nope….. to me it’s made in China Gold PLATED. They look sooo good especially with stones.

Nope….. to me it’s made in China Gold PLATED. They look sooo good especially with stones.
Agreed....There's this new 'ion' gold plating. Have a few pieces but not as prevalent as the stainless steel.
In fact, I just found a 'ion' gold plated silver ring with stones. Yep, it sure looked good before I read the inside !!!!

Back in the good old days, silver was crap. Now, its like finding a gold ring !!!!

HH
Donna