Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Moving to Texas from NJ

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Cypress area that would be willing and able to teach an 81 year old dog how to dirt fish. I'm used to beach hunting - been doing it for the last decade with a little success swinging a Nox 800. Probably moving to the Cypress area in June with life partner.

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Cypress area that would be willing and able to teach an 81 year old dog how to dirt fish. I'm used to beach hunting - been doing it for the last decade with a little success swinging a Nox 800. Probably moving to the Cypress area in June with life partner.
What's a life partner? Is that like a wife or girlfriend? Sorry for not being "woke"

Just remember you are moving from a blue state to a red state. Leave your blue state politics in NJ. And you will be very welcomed.

Cypress...as in No. Houston area? No longer live in that area, but if 'Yes' to my question...you can still beach hunt on the Gulf. Good luck, welcome to God's country and HH!!!

Going to Texas, forget you even lived in NJ. as far ad detecting in the dirt, no different than the beach, just bring digging tools, leave the scoop at home. Wear a hat to keep the sun off your head, and start at sunrise not midday

Biggest difference use manors you were taught as a child, no NY,NJ or CA attitudes

One last pc. of advice re: beach hunting in Texas...beware...be very aware, there are rattle snakes (lots of them) in the salt grass. Stay on the beach unless you're snake experienced and carrying something stout that's longer than the snake or goes "BANG"! Not joking.

One last pc. of advice re: beach hunting in Texas...beware...be very aware, there are rattle snakes (lots of them) in the salt grass. Stay on the beach unless you're snake experienced and carrying something stout that's longer than the snake or goes "BANG"! Not joking.
Do they get big ?
A summer yrs ago in Georgia outside of Lafayette.
We used to hunt them for the Rattlers. Got a quarter a rattler. The area was so thick with em. You could find a dozen or so squished on the road near a crick.
Now the Coper heads. Forget it. They hunt you.
😵😁😅

Do they get big ?
A summer yrs ago in Georgia outside of Lafayette.
We used to hunt them for the Rattlers. Got a quarter a rattler. The area was so thick with em. You could find a dozen or so squished on the road near a crick.
Now the Coper heads. Forget it. They hunt you.
😵😁😅
Big? Not very...2-3 ft. The large rattlers are in the Tx Hill country (Central, TX) region. My dad was a rice farmer...water moccasins were my worst nemesis. He and I dispatched 84 one afternoon with 410 shotguns. Snakes...Texas has em all, incl. Coral snakes...but, only seen one of them when I was a teenager.

Big? Not very...2-3 ft. The large rattlers are in the Tx Hill country (Central, TX) region. My dad was a rice farmer...water moccasins were my worst nemesis. He and I dispatched 84 one afternoon with 410 shotguns. Snakes...Texas has em all, incl. Coral snakes...but, only seen one of them when I was a teenager.
Moccasins are nasty critters.
Corals yikes.
How's that go
Red meets yellow ya got good fellow
Red meets black ya better get back.
Darn I can't remember.