Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Murphy's law for metal detecting?

Ism

I don't generally start threads but I did a Google search of Murphy's Law for metal detecting and only found a couple of forum posts of people referring back to it.
I had a couple of my own for detecting but can only remember one at the moment. Anybody care to add theirs?

1. There will always be a good target signal under a pile of dog crap.

That is very true. Except in my case it is almost always deer crap .. :laugh:

You drive 50 miles to a great totlot, only to find a foot of new chips have been spread there the day before!

You take a buddy to your favorite spot and he out hunts you with a less expensive machine his first time there. LOL!

Your batteries will suddenly die at the least opportune time.

After a very long drive, to a very prime spot, you will discover you left your digging tools at home.

Dog droppings....my one big/small nemesis. Cat droppings really smell to high heaven. And yes, Murphy makes sure that a really interesting spot of ground is littered with this stuff. Got permission last year to do a 1886 house. One of the three oldest houses in my city. Yard was literally covered in cat **** from all the neighborhood felines. Had to give up on it. What a shame:(

Around here it's goose turds, smell's not bad but it sure sticks to your boots.

Murphy was an optimist!

When you lose more gear than the goodies you found! That sucks

Your at your favorite digging spot and get a case of the runs! and you got nowhere to run too!

Rotfl Woodchuck...Which reminds me of another...

You have to take a leak the moment you arrive at your destination.
One other....
The moment you holster your pinpointer you detect another diggable target.

Yes they have made most of them rubber matted and thus ruined my favorite spots. There are still a few tot lots left with sand or wood chips but they are harder to find. Some of the smaller neighborhood parks have not converted yet, I use google earth to find those parks but it's not the same.

HH
Todd