Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Muscle cars.

I spent a lot of years finding and restoring old classics. Mostly Mustangs. A couple of my favorites were a 1970 Mach I, a 1964 1/2 convertible, and my favorite Steet pony was a 2012 GT500 with a super snake upgrade.

The Great Pumpkin
View attachment 41529

Both the 2015 GT (Crazy Horse) & 1964 1/2 (Cherry Pie) were mine.

View attachment 41530

Domino
View attachment 41532
Very nice cars! I had a 64 1/2 Mustang but sold it before I even started the restoration.

Not up to par on the gm products. But my uncle had a 66gto 389 3 Duce 4 speed. It was a sweet ride.
Other than the motor there is very little difference between the 66 an 67. Main differences were the tail lights and grille.

Other than the motor there is very little difference between the 66 an 67. Main differences were the tail lights and grille.
'67 body was my favorite year Goat.
I had a '69 that I stuck a 428HO motor in paired with a 400TH trans. Set it up to hit third gear @ 75mph and it would bark the tires.
As much as I liked my Pontiac motors to work on, I was always a Chevy BB fan. My most fun ride was a '70 Chevelle SS that I built a 427 solid lifter motor w/ 750 dual feed and big tube Hookers for. It had a 273 12-bolt rearend and topped out around 160. With Mickey Thompson N50/15s on the back, from a dead dig you'd be sideways for as long as you had the hair to stay in it.
Those were the days!

I had a Baby Blue '65 Sport Fury 2 door hard top I was restoring. It had a 426 hemi balanced & blueprinted, 3/4th race cam, 12.5 compression ratio, with a high rise and dual line dual pump Holley carb, exhaust headers, dual point ignition, 411 posi trac rear end, 4 on the floor, disc front, the AC vents would ice and the clock worked too. And it was not worth spending $200 to replace the $5 rear main seal. Could not have been more solid mechanically and I was restoring the body which had rust in places, the right way: no bondo. And I had both skirts and it had the towing package. Originally a 383 Commando car but someone had done a lot of work.
(a close friend had a '57 T-bird)
My first car was the Sport Fury, copper color with the 383. Loved that car.