Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX5

thanks! it is unmistakable and from some research is using AM filter so its good to know I am not hearing things so yes deeper stuff runs in to AM. zero seems the way to go can run higher sens where needed.

pretty happy so far with this detector.

hope to find out more about the way it works defiantly worth spending time with.

AJ

Congrats on those finds!

I find the Threshold works funny at times, if your in a place where there might be a lot of interference the Threshold for me doesn't work properly there's just loud hum and if you turn the Threshold up to hear it crackle a bit I never hear it, but if I'm in a place where there's no emi the Threshold works as it should.

Now after reading the last post I want to try Threshold at 0 as well. You should put your tones in 2 instead of 8 and it might detect even deeper.

Thanks,

I had the threshold down to 1 and could still hear it and was running smooth , it just didn't feel like it was doing anything to help me? I don't know need to spend more time with this detector and sure like you say it will have its place.

sure is a different machine than I am used too, I will have to try it in some other spots see how it does, so far so good, have a Mars 10 x 6 and the 12" concentric coming and haven't used the stock coil , so I will have plenty of options to give this machine every chance of proving itself.

now if I buy another detector I think I need a 12 step group :shrug:

but happy to take free ones for testing an review :biggrin:

so far so good on this detector, I think like others have shown it will do pretty well on gold also.

when I get some time up I want to do a video or 2 as there isn't much on YouTube.

ok well have fun out there guys.

AJ

No silver again but impressed once again, depth indicator said 8", bouncing around 72 vdi consistent hi tone and a tight pinpoint, anybody guess what it was? Two thirds of a Lincoln damn penny at 7". Still don't understand how coins get cut so clean. Bitter sweet find, love my 5.

I bought it to find gold but seems it likes higher conductors also.

that has to give you some confidence that the detector will find silver when you stick your coil over some. :biggrin:

I haven't been back out yet from round 2 with the MX5, soon I hope.

AJ

the MX5 test run 1 hr in a park mild ground, targets spaced well enough apart to use a 13" coil. ground moist.

just got the 13" Detech Ultimate coil today so took it for a quick test drive, out of the box it looks well made and feels light for its size which for me is a big plus and its big as I would ever need to go in a round coil and it is a great size I would say for the maximum depth on a VLF detector on coin size objects.

just a short hunt iron disced out and 8 tones on the MX5 had the sens at full for 20 mins a bit chatty 8 bars would fix that and I would say this park would be an average to just above EMI spot as there is a transformer unit 100 yards away, so the combination handled the present EMI well.

This spot has some coins not a lot and not many that I would normally hunt for there is no older coins here just modern 1970's onwards and it was just close to home for a quick hit out so I wasn't expecting much just really wanted to see how this combo handled EMI and if it would find me older coins in this format. as the smaller copper coins will and do mimic silver coins that I hunt for.

so being new to the MX5 and even newer to the 13" coil I decided I would only dig just above rip tabs and up.

so 1st target was in the ID range of coins I hunt and sounded solid turned out to be a $1 coin at about 5" , thought to myself cant get a much better start than that maybe this combo will do well.

so I dug some 1 & 2 cent coins these come in just and in to the silver range and I know there is no silver coins in this spot but just wanted to get a feel for sound and depth the deepest of the small copper coins would have been getting close to 8" which is max depth a coin lays in this spot and the set up seemed and was hitting them with room to spare, so this gives me hope that this combo could do well on deep silver in mild and lower iron conditions. I did get tricked by some rusty beer caps but like all detectors they have their little thing that gives them away, and more of a screaming sound but more work needs to be done there by me with this detector.

so while I am still for sure just learning this detector and it is different type machine than I am used too, I think at its price point with a couple of extra coils it could and can punch above its weight class as a all-round detector, its not the fastest machine I have used nor does it have the best ID , but what it lacks there it makes up for with raw power and some telling tones that I think once mastered will make this detector a worthy opponent for some of the higher ranked detectors.

I haven't gelled with this detector yet by any means and this detector from my short time with it has to be worth me spending some quality time with I think it has some great potential !!

AJ

005.jpg

006_3.jpg