Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Pro finds silver and INDIANS!

Thank you Nancy!

Thanks for the advice, Peter. I always use virgin olive oil, I have 3 IH's soaking right now. Sometimes they spend 3 weeks soaking, it really helps with the stuck on dirt and grime. The only really bad case of ruining value that I ever do is when I decide to clean up a nickel that is otherwise unidentifiable. I don't really know any way to clean them up without ruining them when they look like they were stuck to the bottom of a pirate ship for 100 years. In that case I dissolve salt into vinegar let it soak for 10min or so, take out and rub with baking soda, repeat until its clean and white. This exposes the pitting from the corrosion but it was already in that shape before the corrosion came off. Sometimes it helps reveal a date but it is almost always regretted. :)

The D2 picks out 2 more silver from my seriously hunted out lawn. LOL, I keep telling myself it is hunted out and it keeps on giving silver! I only keep detecting it out of boredom and can't get away from the house to a "better" spot. Its now becoming "THE" spot for silver. :)
1916-D Wheat
1943-D Silver War Nickel
1963-D Rosie
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r90/544575_10152891029735001_1037325613_n.jpg

Way to go Aaron. We went out today for a bit and Larry found a few really cool items. Me? I came home with an old barbed wire tool and a Lincoln Zinc cent. :cry: We were hunting in a field where an old school use to be....we'll be back. HH, Nancy

Nice finds. That shotgun shell brass drives me nuts ! CCH