Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT PRO to the Whites Hospital

widebody

[size=large]my MXT PRO got all banged up in the back of my truck. whites was great and sent me a new trigger assembly but alas there was more damage than i knew about. so off i sent it to whites.:stretcher: hope the warranty covers it. if not then i gotta hope the cost of repair is real low. here's hoping.

HH[/size]

What a bummer. Hope you can get your machine back soon and there's not much internal damage.

[size=large]i sent it off yesterday. i was just in time as the truck was loading to take it's load from our small town to the big city. my pkg. was the last one of the day.
on the way home i discovered i had not inclosed the note discribing the damage of what the machine was doing or not doing. so i e-mailed a copy to todd at whites late last night. i don't think they're open til 8:00 a.m. at 6:46 this a.m. todd responds with a reply. i checked the tracking and it's on the truck to be delivered today. :clapping: it's working out real well so far. :clapping:.[/size]

That's what happens when you deal with Whites! Can't beat the quality. Hopefully you'll have it in your hands in a few days. :)

what kind of respect is this to leave it in the back of your truck in the first place? with neglect like that I would feel it should be my responsibility to pay for the repair, not hope that Whites will flip the bill.they have a great warranty and stand behind the product, but who do you feel is responsible?

padgett79 said:
what kind of respect is this to leave it in the back of your truck in the first place? with neglect like that I would feel it should be my responsibility to pay for the repair, not hope that Whites will flip the bill.they have a great warranty and stand behind the product, but who do you feel is responsible?

If you have a truck, where else are you going to put the detector? It doesnt sound to me like he "left" it in the back of the truck but instead perhaps took a turn to sharply or something and flop, the detector slid up against the side of the bed. Perhaps straps would be necessary in this case but I guess Widebody is the only one who officially knows what happened and Im sure they wont let this happen again. However, I do agree that White's shouldnt be responsible for this but I also think it should not cost an arm and a leg to repair depending on just how bad the damages are.

[size=large]why yes i do know what happened. why yes i did tell whites what happened. why no i don't hold whites responcible. why yes whites did say it's covered under warranty. and yes i knew also there'd be someone out there who thinks i should pay for the whole thing. well, it is what it is. if i had to pay then i would understand. i can still hope it didn't cost too much if that were the case. and i've been hauling my machines around for a couple of years now in the back of my truck.i did just come across an idea to protect them better but this happened so i'm a little late. you must forgive me for offending your opinion of how i should care for my machines. some of us aren't as careful as others but are more careful than still others.
as i said before i expected this negative vibes crap but i'm still surprized when i see it. it's a good thing for me whites made the call.

HH[/size]

For people with trucks, I bet most of them carry their MD'ing gear back there and I would also bet that White's has "tested" their detectors in much more harsh environments than the bed of the truck too.

White's has earned the reputation of taking care of their customers for reasons like this....... accidents DO happen.

why yes I suppose a hard case or a padded bag would have prevented this from happening.I am just glad some get free repairs from Whites, seems like I always have to pay for my repairs,albeit usually not much, and yes they do have the best warranty and repair .good luck in your hunts when you get it back.

[size=large]actually warranties aren't free. example. sears tools. if you buy the craftsman brand it will cost more than there made in Taiwan brand. why? cause the craftsman brands have lifetime warranties. the the regular sears brands don't. everyone pays for the warranty. it's the same as buying insurance but in this case the cost is included with the machine just like craftsman tools. most folks don't ever use their warranty. this being the case their cost off-sets the cost whites has on those who do.so one could say everyone who buys a machine helped pay for the repairs of others. my very special heartfelt thanks to all whites users.whites does take care of the customer. that's my take on warranties. glad i have it when needed but can't cry if i don't have one when needed. I'd pay for an extended one if offered. that is if i could afford one. take care everyone.

HH[/size]

Hellow Widebody this is jman out in central california truely the home of fruits and nuts (farmer humor) I have a question just picked up my first MXT so far I'm as happy as tornado in a trailor park, so now I'm looking to add a couple of coils how's that 8"x6" sef coil work out for you. I hunt mostly old home sites some parks and prospect every once in a while.

[size=large]i have used the 8x6 very little since i got it. my fav is the D2 that my machine came with. bought it used. also had the in-line probe attached. bought the 8x6 instead of the 6x10 cause of my minelab version working so well and there was a comparison on you tube where the 8x6 did better'n the 6x10. since your into prospecting a little i would go with the 6x10. i contantly read where prospectors prefer it. anyway i can't give an honest review of the 8x6 cause of lack of use. love the D2 though.

HH .[/size]

[size=large]my machine is coming home today according to whites support site. can't believe i'm this happy about a machine. can't even use it right now cause of weather but boy is it gunna get a good work-out when i get the chance. got a pad for it but will be looking into even better transport solutions.

HH[/size]

Good news! How about a padded bow case? I think we have a couple of them and the detectors fit in there pretty good.

[size=large]possibly post pics and cost of same? e-mail can be done also. lowerye747@gmail.com are these for a bow as in bow & arrow?

HH[/size]

Widebody, I sent you an email.

[size=large]got it. thanks. sweethome is getting slammed with snow the last couple of days. i got my machine back and an extra 950 coil with it. wrote todd about what happened. don't know why the extra. wanted to make sure there's no mistake but haven't heard back. figured maybe he didn't make it to work cause of oall the snow. sweethome is in the foothills of the cascade mountains. anyway i'm just gratefull they fixed the machine but the coil really puzzles me. hope some employee isn't giving things away.

HH[/size]

free coil! The coil I broke the other day is the eclipse 950. I had to re-attach the ears that the bolt holds it onto the shaft. :( No telling how soon it will break again.