Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT YouTuber?

PSS1963

Can anybody recommend a YouTube channel that mostly features videos of somebody hunting with an MXT (or Pro)? By way of example, on "AmericanCoinHunting", Dave hunts with an E-Trac and later a CTX3030. He likes to show how his machine is responding to a target before digging it instead of just showing the recovery. I'd like to watch similarly made videos except with an MXT as the detector of choice. :whites: :nerd:

Thanks!

-pete

Theres really no "one" feature channel for mxt pro. Just do a youtube search for whites mxt pro. YOu will get plenty of hits.

hannibal31 said:
Theres really no "one" feature channel for mxt pro. Just do a youtube search for whites mxt pro. YOu will get plenty of hits.

Thanks hannibal - I tried this already and didn't really get what I was looking for. There's a few hunts and just as many questionable comparisons between the MXT and other machines. Dave doesn't really advertise that he hunts with Minelab machines so I figured maybe there's a site where the guy hunts with an MXT but it isn't necessarily in the description or the title. :shrug:

-pete

I agree PSS- finding good mxt pro videos on you tube is hard to find. Theres a lot of non English videos popping up too.

hannibal31 said:
I agree PSS- finding good mxt pro videos on you tube is hard to find. Theres a lot of non English videos popping up too.

Hard but not impossible! I turned up this channel recently . . . Relic Dirtyhands (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZVnChwbczi_NoRAizZ2zng). Its a MDing family in Canada. Vids are really well produced and the finds are great! Check 'em out!

-pete

I will make a video of my next hunt with the MXT and put it up on my channel. May be a while due to the weather but will get it up as soon as I can. I wish I had a video of my last hunt but when I got to the site my battery was dead. I Need to get a couple more batteries.
Pesc

Thank you so much Pete! As you suggested to us, Eric and I will try to show a comparison video with the MXT Pro and the V3i. The V3i is new to us and it will be Interesting to see how the two will compare!! :)

Thank you,
Laurie

There is one video on Utube I believe it features digginbama. In the video he is relic hunting with both an MXT and A TDI and showing the comparisons of the two. I don't know if this helps.

Dirtyhands

If the V3i is new to you, how do you expect to make an honest and knowledgeable comparison? The V3i is the most complex metal detector made and most users are just getting to know the V well after 100 hours of use. We have an experienced V3i user now on the V forum who doesn't understand ground balancing yet he is trying to do a comparison with a Minelab CTX 3030.

I'm not just picking on you or the other guy, homemade videos are full of misleading and just plain wrong information from well meaning people, I'm just suggesting holding off trying to educate others until you understand the V3i better.

Larry (IL) said:
Dirtyhands

If the V3i is new to you, how do you expect to make an honest and knowledgeable comparison? The V3i is the most complex metal detector made and most users are just getting to know the V well after 100 hours of use. We have an experienced V3i user now on the V forum who doesn't understand ground balancing yet he is trying to do a comparison with a Minelab CTX 3030.

I'm not just picking on you or the other guy, homemade videos are full of misleading and just plain wrong information from well meaning people, I'm just suggesting holding off trying to educate others until you understand the V3i better.

That is a good point, Larry. When I suggested that to Laurie, I was kind of assuming they'd be far enough up the learniing curve to make it a valid comparison. BTW, how long have you had yours?

Sorry Laurie, as much as I'd love to see such a comparison, it won't kill me to wait. Take your time. Its not like I'd be going out and buying a "V" any time soon. I've got an MXT to learn first! :nerd:

-pete

Kevin Rose said:
There is one video on Utube I believe it features digginbama. In the video he is relic hunting with both an MXT and A TDI and showing the comparisons of the two. I don't know if this helps.

Thanks Kevin! I'll check it out.

-pete

pescadore said:
I will make a video of my next hunt with the MXT and put it up on my channel. May be a while due to the weather but will get it up as soon as I can. I wish I had a video of my last hunt but when I got to the site my battery was dead. I Need to get a couple more batteries.
Pesc

Thats super! When you do, put "MXT" in the title for the vid so people can find it easier. I'll look forward to it.

-pete

Hi Pete, I have been with the V project before it even had a name. :) I worked with the prototypes and helped introduce the original Vision, later named the V3 on release day way back when. That is me on the left and Carl Moreland, Engineering Manager for White's.

Larry (IL) said:
Hi Pete, I have been with the V project before it even had a name. :) I worked with the prototypes and helped introduce the original Vision, later named the V3 on release day way back when. That is me on the left and Carl Moreland, Engineering Manager for White's.

Cooool! :please:

Ha ha! I wasn't going to make a video trying to teach anyone anything! We do it as a family hobby. We would simply share with others what we experience learning this new machine. I would use the MXT that we have been using for 4 years. Eric would go over the same target and compare with the V3i. I don't expect us to be an expert but we will have fun learning it! :D

I love Whites Machines and decided to purchase the V3i. We love a challange and look forward to learning this machine. It may take us years who knows but I have heard good reviews and I am up for the challange.

Laurie

Larry (IL) said:

Hey Larry,

A question occurred to me about the V-series machines (BTW, I peeked quick in the V-series forum and didn't see you there so decided to post it here since the subject had come up anyway.) . . . I read somewhere that in multi-frequency detectors, the total energy transmitted into the ground (limited by FCC regulation?) is necessarily divided among all the frequencies and harmonics present. Has Whites ever considered time-multiplexing the 3 search frequencies so that each one can be transmitted full-strength in their own turn, or would this slow things down too much - maybe pooch the recovery time or something? This could take a form similar to the "frequency hopping" that is used in military communications except you'd only need 3 frequencies and the transmit and receive circuits would be synchronized in the same box. I suppose since coil sweep also occurs in the time domain, such a detector would naturally require a slow sweep speed to allow each target to give the machine information at each frequency. Hmmmmm . . . If they haven't thought of it maybe we could propose the idea?

-pete

Since this is off topic on the MXT forum, I answered your question with a PM.

Another good video of the NBT and the MXT Pro just posted by Keith showing the 4x6 unmasking ability in Relic and C&J mode.

I believe Tiger on THe Silverslingers on You TUbe uses and MXT!

ChuckVT said:
I believe Tiger on THe Silverslingers on You TUbe uses and MXT!

Yes, I noticed that recently myself - gonna look in it a bit further. They are in New England so that caught my attention too. She calls him "Tiger" and he calls her "Pussycat" so I'm guessing they're a couple - not that that makes any diff.

H.H.

-pete