Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1st Etrac hunt

Hopskippy

I got to finally take the new Etrac out today. It got up to 55 here today. I went to the local hammered park. I ran the Bill_S coin program/auto +3/multi/trash high/difficult/deep on/fast on.
It was a little wet yet, but the plugs stayed together really good. I dug at least 7 coins that the plug opened right on them laying in the bottom of the hole, I didn't even have to look for them. I like that kinda plug.I got a nice 35 D Merc and ended up with pretty much a little bit of everything. The 2 wheats above the dimes were both , I'll say 9", but more like 10 1/2" deep. I'm so impressed with the Etrac.
Can't wait to get out tomorrow. Gonna be around 60 here.
Got a X-1 coming, should have it Friday. That'll be fun! :clap:
HH

Try TTF and you will be even more impressed. All metal, TTF, AUTO+3, and slow as a snail and you will drop your jaw at what the E can find. 8x6 sef coil is a bonus but the stock coil is pretty awesome too. Great finds there...I am jealous, we have 8 inches of snow:ranting:

Good job!

Congrats on the finds. I agree on the use of TTF but you do have to have a smaller coil for it to work as it should. I use a 8" Sunray but in a real carpet of nails you need to go to a 5". It can be noisy but it will get the coins others miss. Your looking for coins that would be masked by the iron being close or over the coin. A larger coil will still have both targets under it at the same time. HH JR

Clad2Hunt said:
Congrats on the finds. I agree on the use of TTF but you do have to have a smaller coil for it to work as it should. I use a 8" Sunray but in a real carpet of nails you need to go to a 5". It can be noisy but it will get the coins others miss. Your looking for coins that would be masked by the iron being close or over the coin. A larger coil will still have both targets under it at the same time. HH JR

Thank You.

Great finds - welcome to the Forum ! :detecting:

That's good for first time out. Thanks for the pictures. I was down your way around Labor Day of this year. Got to hunt with RayMo and Dr.Bob in Springfield. Didn't find much, but that weren't the point. I'd loved to unearth my first 3 ringer.

Hope to see many more finds from you. Enjoy your E-Trac.

NebTrac

NebTrac said:
That's good for first time out. Thanks for the pictures. I was down your way around Labor Day of this year. Got to hunt with RayMo and Dr.Bob in Springfield. Didn't find much, but that weren't the point. I'd loved to unearth my first 3 ringer.

Hope to see many more finds from you. Enjoy your E-Trac.

NebTrac

Thank you!