Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 20 cents worth

ironman200081

Well friends, I am excited to share this with you all. I went relic hunting for Civil War bullets at a local park and ended up finding a coin type that wasn't even on the bucket list because it is so rare I never thought I would find one. On my last line on my way to the car, I hit on a quarter signal (12-46) at 6 inches. Now, these are more often than not clad Washington quarters at this park. However, when I cut the plug, I saw silver fly out. It looked quarter sized and I was thinking it was a silver Washington. I picked it up and saw the seated lady on it. A seated quarter??! I was pretty excited until I noticed that the reverse looked odd and it was not quite quarter sized. I sprayed it down to reveal a date on 1875 on front and to my surprise, it was an 1875-S twenty cent piece!! Now I have two of them in my collection, but none this nice. I was in awe for the entire car ride home. Just goes to show you that even pounded out parks are no match for the CTX!!

[video]https://youtu.be/dRSCPsAfrig[/video]

And a darn good reminder to NEVER be careless recovering a find we are expecting to be common!

That's a great and seldom seen find. Very nice coin. Good for you.

Excellent find. Congrats.

Rich -

Beautiful find to say the least ., . . . and probably on everyone's bucket list for sure.

Love to see what else you pull out of the location . . . . has to be more waiting to be recovered.

Andy Sabisch

Congrats on an excellent find. :clapping: One that is still on my bucket list! :shrug: HH Randy