Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 3rd Day City Park Hunting. GOT LUCKY..!

fastdraw

I could only spend a couple hours hunting today, so I went to a 7-acre city park, that I've never hunted before. Found 23 Clad, junk jewelry etc.
AND ONE 1842 Seated Liberty Dime..!
10 inches deep. How unexpected is that in a city park..!! My three days city park hunting has treated me well... and easy digging, with tons of finds. 👍
I was totally dumbfounded.
Nox-600
Park-2
Recovery-2. With a very slow swing
Sensitivity-22

Attachments

• 20210118_171838~3.jpg
    20210118_171838~3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 20210118_171346.jpg
    20210118_171346.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
I swear its when your half asleep and losing interest for the day is when the neatest finds just jump out....... good dig!!

Well now, lookey here!! Amazing find, fastdraw!! I'd sure enough pat myself on the back on that hunt.
Congrats, sir!
HH okie

Yes... Slowing my swing so I don't miss a target, and a lower recovery speed for more accurate target ID numbers, and more accurate dept.
I was playing around with that last year. Didnt go as low as 2 recovery. Will give it a try when the ground thaws in April.

I was playing around with that last year. Didnt go as low as 2 recovery. Will give it a try when the ground thaws in April.
I have the Nox-600 model, so a recovery speed of 2 on my machine is a 4 on the 800-Model

I have the Nox-600 model, so a recovery speed of 2 on my machine is a 4 on the 800-Model
Ahhhh, thats right. We have a little bit different settings. I have used the 4 on my 800 quite a bit and slowed my swing speed. I found some IHP's and a silver thimble in my own yard that I have gone over numerous times with various detectors. I have also switched to 50 tones. By doing that I was able to hear good targets amongst other trash. Sometime in only one direction.