Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My best day so far: 7 Silvers including a Walker!

My uncle stopped in to where I work the other day and I showed him my etrac. He was interested in how it works, especially how deep I've been finding coins. He detected a lot in the 80s and 90s and we planned a hunt for last Wednesday. Our goal for the day was to hit an old campground that I researched last winter. We started early in the morning at a local park. I went under some trees by a picnic shelter. There was quite a bit of trash but not enough to try a smaller coil. Right off the bat I found five wheats and the 1918 buffalo. A lady was walking by and told us on the other side of the park there was a spot where food vendors used to sell their goods. We started in that direction and I got a silver signal. I got the target out of the hole and couldn't see silver anywhere, but there was this piece of garbage that looked like the end of a balloon that made my probe go off. I examined it and saw a silver rim in the middle of the balloon. I broke a piece of the balloon off and identified the dime as a rosie. I left it as it was until I could take a picture because I thought it was really neat.

[attachment 198314 dimefront.jpg] [attachment 198315 dimeback.jpg]

It turned out to be a '46-s. We tried the vendor spot but it had been re-landscaped so it was a bust.

We then headed up to the campground. After securing permission from the owner, we hit a part of the campground that is no longer in use, thinking this would be the best place because they stopped using it in the 40s. That was the most disappointing place I've ever hunted. It looked like the perfect place to hunt because there was a lot going on there for 35 years but there weren't any metal objects in the ground. Not a single one! I'm dumbfounded as to why that was. It didn't look like they had added any dirt, but there is a chance they removed some. Maybe someday I'll figure it out but I was absolutely disgusted that nothing was there.

We went to the newer part and the ground was plastered with good targets. After digging several coins, I stopped digging anything shallower than 3". I found two wheats in the same hole and the merc about 5' away. Then I found another wheat and then the silver started showing up. I dug two rosies and then got a solid 12-47 target. I told my uncle that I'd bet anything it was a silver quarter. Sure enough, it was a '52-s. Twenty minutes later, I got a blip of a high signal so I went over the target again and got a solid null. I opened my screen up and it bounced between 1-44 to 1-47 with almost every pass of my coil. I dug my plug and the target was right in the middle of the hole. I brushed back some dirt and saw big silver in the hole. I called my uncle over to show him before I pulled it out. It was a '45-s walker.

[attachment 198318 halfandquarter.jpg]

I was really excited to pull that one out. I guess I didn't have that area open on my screen and was lucky enough to have checked it. A few minutes later I got a 12-46 signal at 3" and dug a hole to get the clad quarter out. It turned out to be a rosie. In the two hours that we hunted there, I pulled three wheats and six silvers. We tried a couple of other places but neither of them worked out so we came home. After seeing the etrac perform in the field, my uncle decided it was time to retire his 80s model detector and get an etrac.

My total take for the day was a '45-s walker, a '52-s quarter, a '35-d merc, '46-s, '52-s, '53-d, and 53-s rosies, an '18 buffalo, and 8 wheats, the oldest being a '37 from the park. I still can't believe that I found that much silver in one day. I guess researching new places to detect pays off. Thanks for reading.

[attachment 198320 all.jpg]

Nice haul, way to go Idaho!

A BIG congrats...........seven $ilvers is a super duper day!!! :thumbup:

Hawkeye Jim

Way to go Jason! A HUGE Congratulations to ya and thanks for the excellent story and the pictures.

NebTrac

Killer hunt - Great Job !!!:clapping:

Congrats on a great hunt. Those are the days that will stand out in your mind for a long time to come. Hope you have many more just like it. HH Randy

Thanks guys. It sure was exciting to pull out a silver every 15-20 minutes at that campground. It was nice to have a taste of how some of you more experienced guys feel.