Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My dance with Covid

Ronstar

The weekend of Jan 15 we had one adult daughter and her two daughters here to go watch the other daughter’s daughter compete in cheer competition (clear right?). So we had four extra “kids” in the house. She almost canceled the trip as she and oldest daughter were not feeling good but the need for the two cousins to have a weekend together was too strong a driving force.
Everyone left on the following Monday and all were starting to not feel good again. By Tuesday morning Mama and I started out with a raspy cough and mild headaches. Mine I felt was bronchitis and she felt hers was a common cold feeling. The entire week we both went through various stages of coughs, headaches, chills, lack of appetite, etc but not seriously ill.
Oldest daughter and her two girls tested positive. Youngest daughter and her daughter tested positive. All the girls said they did not think they had the Covid. We have not tested but believe we probably would have tested positive. Oldest girl and and family vaccinated. Youngest girl not jabbed but her daughter is for school purposes and cheerleader group requirement. All home for five days but no major down and dying time. Wife and I home and other than the persistent cough no death bed confessions. We are both jabbed but no booster.
Today was first day we got out of the house and took a little road trip. Feeling 90%+ of normal.

Just learned a long time friend, former police officer in excellent health and just retired at age 62 is in ICU and family indicating death imminent, pneumonia related Covid. Vac x 2 plus booster.

Pretty sure we danced with devil……..

Glad to hear You all are better. Sunday, the 16th I started feeling like I had a cold coming on and by Tuesday I was in bed feeling rough. I took the covid home test and it was positive. Then my wife started feeling the same and she also tested positive. She has been out of work since. I am retired. We both have been vaxxed and boosted. We are better but I still have a persistent cough and stuffy nose. Wife is better but has lost her sense of taste. I feel that if I hadn't had the shots I might not be here. I have no idea how or when I was exposed.
I did read that people that are vaxxed and have it develpoe a super immunity so that may be a good thing.

My retired friend passed away Tuesday morning. Felt fine but just “off” December 15 and by the 24th hospitalized. Put on ventilator Jan 22nd. Happens that fast. Also found out he refused to get jabbed. Family advised if had gotten the vaccine there would have been a much larger chance of survival. That fact he was smoker also played into odds mix.

The weekend of Jan 15 we had one adult daughter and her two daughters here to go watch the other daughter’s daughter compete in cheer competition (clear right?). So we had four extra “kids” in the house. She almost canceled the trip as she and oldest daughter were not feeling good but the need for the two cousins to have a weekend together was too strong a driving force.
Everyone left on the following Monday and all were starting to not feel good again. By Tuesday morning Mama and I started out with a raspy cough and mild headaches. Mine I felt was bronchitis and she felt hers was a common cold feeling. The entire week we both went through various stages of coughs, headaches, chills, lack of appetite, etc but not seriously ill.
Oldest daughter and her two girls tested positive. Youngest daughter and her daughter tested positive. All the girls said they did not think they had the Covid. We have not tested but believe we probably would have tested positive. Oldest girl and and family vaccinated. Youngest girl not jabbed but her daughter is for school purposes and cheerleader group requirement. All home for five days but no major down and dying time. Wife and I home and other than the persistent cough no death bed confessions. We are both jabbed but no booster.
Today was first day we got out of the house and took a little road trip. Feeling 90%+ of normal.

Just learned a long time friend, former police officer in excellent health and just retired at age 62 is in ICU and family indicating death imminent, pneumonia related Covid. Vac x 2 plus booster.

Glad to hear you and family are doing better. Very sad about your friend.

My retired friend passed away Tuesday morning. Felt fine but just “off” December 15 and by the 24th hospitalized. Put on ventilator Jan 22nd. Happens that fast. Also found out he refused to get jabbed. Family advised if had gotten the vaccine there would have been a much larger chance of survival. That fact he was smoker also played into odds mix.
Sorry to hear.
My retired friend wasn’t vaccinated due to him having several medical issues. He got Covid and after three days of being sick he went to hospital, he lasted about three more days. He just turned 70 right around Christmas.

Glad to hear all is well with you and your family . It hit me pretty hard ,, I was just feeling overall ,, just really really crappy ,, the hardest thing I dealt with was no energy , and coughing up the chest congestion, phlegm, whatever it was in my lungs . I believe a few times I had to miss 2 breaths trying to get that mess to the point I could spit it out . And a runny nose .
I felt really bad ,, but I never felt I was in danger of dying .
But , they say it hits people differently. And I'm not vaccinated. Wether that has anything to do with it or not ,,,,, I'll never know .

What the doctors are finding out the last stages of covid-19 Omicron is
turning into bronchitis they been issuing Z-packs.
I was coughing my butt off went to the ER
They said bronchitis the Z-pack did the trick
don't know if I had covid-19 when I got tested the first of the new year it was negative.

It took me all the way to last weekend to finally shake that lingering bronchitis like cough. Not real bad but it just kept hitting me in short 5-10 bursts. All better now. Doc said there were two common complaints around here, the cough and a semi serious shortness of breath. Some people were finding it difficult to just walk up a set of stairs. I’ll take the cough…….

Have been able to avoid it so far. I have a copper necklace on i have not removed since this started a couple years ago. Read somewhere copper kills the virus. Ive also had all 3 shots, i stayed masked up when going to stores and i stay away from people. Im not even running a tower crane any more, as at times you have to hot seat, and i dont want to share my cab. Several i know have caught covid from sharing cab of the crane. I havent even caught a cold in the last couple years. This doesnt mean im immune.

It took me all the way to last weekend to finally shake that lingering bronchitis like cough. Not real bad but it just kept hitting me in short 5-10 bursts. All better now. Doc said there were two common complaints around here, the cough and a semi serious shortness of breath. Some people were finding it difficult to just walk up a set of stairs. I’ll take the cough…….
And hopefully Ronstar you don’t have any lingering side effects. Glad your better in time for Spring

Have been able to avoid it so far. I have a copper necklace on i have not removed since this started a couple years ago. Read somewhere copper kills the virus. Ive also had all 3 shots, i stayed masked up when going to stores and i stay away from people. Im not even running a tower crane any more, as at times you have to hot seat, and i dont want to share my cab. Several i know have caught covid from sharing cab of the crane. I havent even caught a cold in the last couple years. This doesnt mean im immune.
Irnwrkr, I haven’t heard of the copper necklace thing. I’ll check into it.
Thank God you stayed smart and didn’t get it!

Happy to hear you made it.
Hopefully the officer will make it.