Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My dealer said mid Febuary at earliest

6000proxl

My dealer was at the latest Minelab get together and said they will be shipping and leaving Australia by the end of January and arriving to dealers by Mid to late Febuary . They just keep pushing it up and up and UP!!!!

Why don't you tell us who "your" dealer is? Why the second-hand no-source report? I used to be in military intelligence, and I'd put you at F6 and maybe your dealer at a C3 on source and info reliability.

Ed Huffman Treasure Mountain Detectors and he is well respected and went to The Big recent Minelab meeting and has posted this info public!

TyberOz keep drinkin the blue kool aid!!!!!!!!!

Mid-Feb could be accurate from what ive heard for some. I guess if a dealer had me pre pay .... say in Oct i might be getting a bit impatient to. Any idea why some dealers required payment and others didnt? I hope distribution treats those that didnt pay up front but was put on a list the same.

My dealer said he should receive his shipment by the last of January and customers would start receiving their orders shortly there after.

6000proxl said:
TyberOz keep drinkin the blue kool aid!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I don't even have an Equinox on order. I probably won't get one. I'm not drinking anything, I just don't like when people second-hand gossip. That's what teenage girls do.

bulletman said:

Thanks, dude. I'm actually pretty nice, I just don't have patience for people who come to an Equinox forum to only bad-mouth the machine, Minelab, and those of us interested in Minelab. I know there are genuinely skeptical people, and there are people that are sincere when they play devil's advocate, but it's very clear that there are people who enjoy casting doubt and aspersions and I think it's worth it to stand up to those people. I don't mind if people think I'm mean or rude. I think the people who come here solely to rile people up are rude. I would love if every thread was full of sincere, well-intentioned people, but I think that's unfortunately not the case. I've reached out to a few of those ill-intentioned people via PM and they don't respond. It seems they'd rather fight in public than settle anything in private.

Edit: to illustrate my point, I think the AT Pro and AT Max are awful machines. I have never once gone to a forum dedicated to those machines to be contrarian and disruptive. I come to the Equinox forum because I'm interested in the Equinox. What I'm NOT interested in is reading the rants, raves, and fever-dream delusions of people who only have negative things to say about Minelab and the Equinox.

I was called yesterday and notified mine should sbe shipping to me at the end of this month.

6000proxl said:
.....They just keep pushing it up and up and UP!!!!

No, that's not true. What happened is that you jumped the gun and assumed that shipping late January 2018 meant shipped from your dealer when ML meant shipping from Australia. Minelab has never issued anything untrue about the Eq that I can find. LOTS of posters have been mistaken, for sure tho.

Champ Ferguson said:
.....They just keep pushing it up and up and UP!!!!

No, that's not true. What happened is that you jumped the gun and assumed that shipping late January 2018 meant shipped from your dealer when ML meant shipping from Australia. Minelab has never issued anything untrue about the Eq that I can find. LOTS of posters have been mistaken, for sure tho.

True. ML said shipments would be begin on a certain date. I think we (or most) of us assumed that to mean shipping from our dealers to us.

I have had my equinox 800 on prepaid preorder since
October 10 and was told I'm near top of the list.
While I'm anxious as heck and check the forums
every night for news, I wont ask my dealer when
Until the last few days of January. By then he
should know when HIS shipment will arrive, hence
when mine will ship. Whether it's late Jan. Or
mid Feb. it won't be long now.

Your dealer is being Honest. I spent a number of years in the ocean freight business and some steamship lines take up to a month to get from Asia to the united states (Long Beach) So if they ship late January which is the latest i have heard then the freight will not arrive in the US until the latter half of Feb. Then it has to be trucked to the distributors. Then the distributor has to package shipments to the dealers. I would be surprised if the first machines reach the consumers by late Feb.
I do not expect the consumers to start receiving their machines until early March.

Those coins will not melt in the ground. Considering half the US has snow cover or frozen ground I just don't see the big deal. When they arrive they arrive. Spend time doing research for new areas. That will produce more good targets than any new detector. I would like to have one by mid May to do some beach hunting. 5000 posts for s detector yet to be released is just insane.

goodmore said:
Those coins will not melt in the ground. Considering half the US has snow cover or frozen ground I just don't see the big deal. When they arrive they arrive. Spend time doing research for new areas. That will produce more good targets than any new detector. I would like to have one by mid May to do some beach hunting. 5000 posts for s detector yet to be released is just insane.
I would hardly characterize all the postings people are making about the equinox "insane".True, It might be a little frivolous and excessive , but what's wrong with being excited and anxious about a detector using new technology? Especially since it is winter with not a lot to do for many of us. That said, I have minor modifications I want to make,and there are still opportunities to use it enough to " play around" and familiarize myself with the settings, so that I'm more ready to go when better weather does arrive. I have learned a great
deal about the equinox from this forum, and that will help me to understand this new machine, and I've enjoyed reading and contributing to it, and will continue to do so. Happy Hunting

relicmeister said:
I would hardly characterize all the postings people are making about the equinox "insane".True, It might be a little frivolous and excessive , but what's wrong with being excited and anxious about a detector using new technology? Especially since it is winter with not a lot to do for many of us. That said, I have minor modifications I want to make,and there are still opportunities to use it enough to " play around" and familiarize myself with the settings, so that I'm more ready to go when better weather does arrive. I have learned a great
deal about the equinox from this forum, and that will help me to understand this new machine, and I've enjoyed reading and contributing to it, and will continue to do so. Happy Hunting

Exactly. The majority of these posts are because we are all stuck inside during winter and suffering from cabin fever. Then ML has been dropping new info piece by piece and there is a new flurry of activity each time. They really have a great marketing team.

Speaking of info drops, any see the latest from the ML meeting? They are happy enough with the Equinox technology that they are ceasing all future production of single frequency detectors.

Jason in Enid said:

Exactly. The majority of these posts are because we are all stuck inside during winter and suffering from cabin fever. Then ML has been dropping new info piece by piece and there is a new flurry of activity each time. They really have a great marketing team.

Speaking of info drops, any see the latest from the ML meeting? They are happy enough with the Equinox technology that they are ceasing all future production of single frequency detectors.

Jason,
I was told by my dealer that Minelab announced that they would no longer produce single freq detectors at the partners conference. I think that is pretty significant. But, that announcement seems to have just slipped on past with barely a whisper. Single freq is old tech and has reached it's limits long ago. I'm glad Minelab is moving forward and,hopefully, it will force the competition to do the same. Multi IQ certainly has made all of Minelab's single freq detectors obsolete! So much so that they are not going to produce them any more! I thought that this particular announcement by Minelab would generate a lot more attention from the detecting world. Perhaps I missed it and it is being discussed on another thread or forum?

Dean

Jason in Enid said:

I haven't seen that, but I remember I got scolded once and essentially got a verbal beat down for just the suggestion, that this would replace the Xterra line. LOL