Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My dealer said mid Febuary at earliest

dbado1 said:
I thought that this particular announcement by Minelab would generate a lot more attention from the detecting world. Perhaps I missed it and it is being discussed on another thread or forum?

Dean

Nope, you havent missed anything, It either been missed or ignored.

Minelab has said that the multi-IQ tech has changed the old school norms of detecting knowledge. They say that the Multi mode operates better than the single freqqs which I think surprised them. The point of this detector was that you could switch from multi to single to take advantage of locations and targets. The original plan of the gold mode was single freq only (IIRC) but then they discovered the multi mode worked better. I think the next gen of Equinox may see the single freqs removed completely.

I still plan on doing lots of testing and seeing if any single freq can work better than any of the multis for my targets. This could be a year of work. Every multi mode (4 of them) operates differently and then there are 5 single freqs THEN cross checking with my CTX. So that 10 times to scan each target and record results.

Big Treble said:
I haven't seen that, but I remember I got scolded once and essentially got a verbal beat down for just the suggestion, that this would replace the Xterra line. LOL

Thats because are scared they have thrown away money on something that is now "obsolete", or spent a large amount of money on something that may or may not be better.

Jason in Enid said:
I haven't seen that, but I remember I got scolded once and essentially got a verbal beat down for just the suggestion, that this would replace the Xterra line. LOL

Thats because are scared they have thrown away money on something that is now "obsolete", or spent a large amount of money on something that may or may not be better.

That was my thought exactly

Jason in Enid said:
I would hardly characterize all the postings people are making about the equinox "insane".True, It might be a little frivolous and excessive , but what's wrong with being excited and anxious about a detector using new technology? Especially since it is winter with not a lot to do for many of us. That said, I have minor modifications I want to make,and there are still opportunities to use it enough to " play around" and familiarize myself with the settings, so that I'm more ready to go when better weather does arrive. I have learned a great
deal about the equinox from this forum, and that will help me to understand this new machine, and I've enjoyed reading and contributing to it, and will continue to do so. Happy Hunting

Exactly. The majority of these posts are because we are all stuck inside during winter and suffering from cabin fever. Then ML has been dropping new info piece by piece and there is a new flurry of activity each time. They really have a great marketing team.

Speaking of info drops, any see the latest from the ML meeting? They are happy enough with the Equinox technology that they are ceasing all future production of single frequency detectors.

Well, let's think this through. How could they possibly say, in effect, "All single freq machines are now junk" and then continue to sell single freq machines? They really had no choice.

Architex said:
Well, let's think this through. How could they possibly say, in effect, "All single freq machines are now junk" and then continue to sell single freq machines? They really had no choice.

That's not what ML said, but in the spirit of your question, the answer is Price point and Specialty applications.

Yeah, I know. Troll words.

Wrong again. Snappy comeback tho. You think of that all by yourself?

Personally, I'd just like to see ML ease up on the X-Terra coil chips and allow for some more multi-freq coils like those from CORS/NEL. Even making the chip software open-source would be a good idea.

Think about it...it'll add to the longevity of the X-Terras and allay fears that the X-Terras would not be as useful post-Equinox. I've had great luck with the NEL Thunder coil on my X-Terra 705 even at the salty beaches. It is absolutely the most stable large coil I have used on my X-Terra 705 and goes deep as I'd expect it would.

Tyberoz, isn't military intelligence an oxymoron ? I was a cryptographer and I 'm not sure I can even spell it.

Champ, I have to apologize for that. Cabin fever has me out of sorts.

dewcon4414 said:
Mid-Feb could be accurate from what ive heard for some. I guess if a dealer had me pre pay .... say in Oct i might be getting a bit impatient to. Any idea why some dealers required payment and others didnt? I hope distribution treats those that didnt pay up front but was put on a list the same.

X2 - late Feb or early Mar

All I can say is, a couple days ago my dealer representative said tentatively late January, early February.. Still pretty much frozen in here so doesn't matter to me.

With all the cheap labour available in the far east, could this delay be a ploy to excite the market place.:shrug: Jerry.

Until Minelab contacts me and tells me that I should start collecting for my preorder list, Im not believing anything. You keep telling folks something and you look like a fool when it does not happen when you say. I am anxious to get one in my hands just like everyone is.:thumbup:

I guess that answers the question of whose going to get the first one at David's place......:detecting: I wouldnt want to be answering the phones at any detector shop once these things get out...........LEAVE A MESSAGE AT THE BEEP.... cause we are all out trying out the EQ.

Tyber0z said:
n/t

Thanks, dude. I'm actually pretty nice, I just don't have patience for people who come to an Equinox forum to only bad-mouth the machine, Minelab, and those of us interested in Minelab. I know there are genuinely skeptical people, and there are people that are sincere when they play devil's advocate, but it's very clear that there are people who enjoy casting doubt and aspersions and I think it's worth it to stand up to those people. I don't mind if people think I'm mean or rude. I think the people who come here solely to rile people up are rude. I would love if every thread was full of sincere, well-intentioned people, but I think that's unfortunately not the case. I've reached out to a few of those ill-intentioned people via PM and they don't respond. It seems they'd rather fight in public than settle anything in private.

Edit: to illustrate my point, I think the AT Pro and AT Max are awful machines. I have never once gone to a forum dedicated to those machines to be contrarian and disruptive. I come to the Equinox forum because I'm interested in the Equinox. What I'm NOT interested in is reading the rants, raves, and fever-dream delusions of people who only have negative things to say about Minelab and the Equinox.

yep I did a quick search of this Tyber0Z posts everything he posts is negative or whiny... Geez get a life you angry turd https://www.findmall.com/search.php?107,author=76170,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_threads=0

bigelow said:
n/t

Thanks, dude. I'm actually pretty nice, I just don't have patience for people who come to an Equinox forum to only bad-mouth the machine, Minelab, and those of us interested in Minelab. I know there are genuinely skeptical people, and there are people that are sincere when they play devil's advocate, but it's very clear that there are people who enjoy casting doubt and aspersions and I think it's worth it to stand up to those people. I don't mind if people think I'm mean or rude. I think the people who come here solely to rile people up are rude. I would love if every thread was full of sincere, well-intentioned people, but I think that's unfortunately not the case. I've reached out to a few of those ill-intentioned people via PM and they don't respond. It seems they'd rather fight in public than settle anything in private.

Edit: to illustrate my point, I think the AT Pro and AT Max are awful machines. I have never once gone to a forum dedicated to those machines to be contrarian and disruptive. I come to the Equinox forum because I'm interested in the Equinox. What I'm NOT interested in is reading the rants, raves, and fever-dream delusions of people who only have negative things to say about Minelab and the Equinox.

yep I did a quick search of this Tyber0Z posts everything he posts is negative or whiny... Geez get a life you angry turd https://www.findmall.com/search.php?107,author=76170,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_threads=0

Hey look, the guy who was "just joking" is now personally attacking me on every thread he can find. But remember, everyone, HE was JUST JOKING and I am the one that has the issue.