Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My EQ 800 evening project

dmnz

Hi guys

I water hunt and can’t be bothered waiting so / decided to make my own waterproof connector! This was NOT easy, sourcing the components, drilling the fitting, finding a stereo jack that fitted .... but the result! All done!

FYI the Audio output differs from the CTX and having to wait on an audio transformer for the piezo headphones. But can use waterproof earbuds for now!

Some people helped with the CTX to amphibians I am hoping someone makes a article for the NOX to Amphibians.

I will give them a shot, certainly the excal phones won’t work with the 800 unmodified. I do have a set of GG and if they have the audio transformer in them, they should work. Will give it a shot! For now I wanted a set for waterproof earbuds, so should be “good to go” for a proper water hunt :clapping:

Definatley time well spent

:thumbup:

Long evening . . . . . nice job

Rich

GreenMeanie If you dont mind what was / is your source for the connector and center audio pin. I have a set of DetectorPro phones I want to use with my Nox 800.I can wire it IF I can find the connectors I need, anyhelp would be appericated

Buddy_TX

Your source for connectors, plug and size of hole along with any assembly notes that would enable us to do the same.
Or --- go into production --- sure you could outsell ML.

Also did you put the O-Ring on the coil cable connector or did the Equinox come with one?

Nice job!

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

The output appears to be on three pins

a few notes:

-excel headphones won't work - they need to have an audio transformer it would seem, still working on that
-this is a standard M12 connector, you can't find one with the stereo jack connector in it, so I purchased a M12 and drilled it out
-standard stereo jack from local electronics store, fitted and glued into the drilled m12
-O ring added for extra protection

sorry have been a little busy at work, but will post when I have the headphones converted, with more detail

Thanks for the info.

HH

Nice work! I commend you on your efforts! looks like you have substantial electrical experience and are not afraid to modify or come up with solutions as appropriate.

Thanks for sharing, I am on the fence as to whether or not I am going to purchase a Nox

UWMM

tested IQ and etrac in real wet salt sand water in the hole type wet on a coin sized target in mid range and couldn't split them depth wise, only IQ v FBS info I can share.