Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My find of a lifetime

fbullion

I have been hunting with the V3i since March of 2010 and have only dreamed of finding a Spanish real but today was it and I almost talked myself out of going. I have been on the hunt for a 1800's silver for some time and came close in the spring of 2011 when I found a 1902 Barber Half but I never figured it would be an 1807 real so I'm glad I decided to go. I think it's a half real because it's just slightly bigger than a dime.

Great find, I see why you are excited. Try taking a photo of the coin outside without the flash and post again. It's worth seeing it.

[attachment 263972 likethat.jpg]

Please give us the details.... Vicinity, depth and soil type..... Was it in a trashy area? Was it loamy soil? Past history of the area?

Thank you for posting the great find.:clapping:

Wow, beautiful coin. How deep was it Fred?

When you probe to find the target just gentally touch the coil. No need to grab a hammer and pound the probe through it. :crazy:

Congratulations ... great find. You deserve to be smiling for a few days.

ballpark said:
Please give us the details.... Vicinity, depth and soil type..... Was it in a trashy area? Was it loamy soil? Past history of the area?

Thank you for posting the great find.:clapping:
I was hunting a ball park in a town that has seen allot of activity from the civil war to the Spanish American war, the oldest structure dates back to the mid 1700's in fact a buddy of mine found a large cent there that was dated 1779, but this park is a mystery in that back in the 1960's the army corps of engineers brought dirt in from some where [I'd like to know] to level it out but never completed the project so there is a bank that runs through the middle of it and good finds are at varying depths, most have been near the surface within 3" while others like the 1902 Barber Half I found at 8" and this find at 5". I can say the ground is very hard packed and when it gets dry in the summer it's like concrete so the hunting time is limited to the wetter months

Congratulations, that is a great find......:clapping:

Congrats! That is a real great feeling to dig one of those. Welcome to the Spanish Colonial club!