Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first Capped Bust dime

jimzilla

I went out both Saturday and Sunday to my favorite spot and hunted a total of 12 hours. My best find was an 1827 Capped Bust dime...my first "bust" silver coin in 30 years. It read 12-40 @ 7" on my CTX and its in bad shape. It wsa probably in circulation for some time. I also found a 1917 type 1 Standing Liberty quarter, 4 Barber dimes (1902-S, 1904, 1905 and semi kay 1900-O), one Merc 1916 and 2 shield nickels in the same hole. I am tumbling the pennies now so I am not sure how many are indians or wheaties. The soil is a thick clay/top soil mix and they copper coins come out with a thick coat of crud on them. I will post the cleaned coins later or tomorrow.

[attachment 248982 006.JPG][attachment 248983 008.JPG][attachment 248985 009.JPG][attachment 248986 007.JPG]

Man, what an outstanding day. It appears that you have a real "Honey Hole", filled with silver and everything else. I envy the fact that you are able to hunt for 12 hours. In my younger days maybe, but now, four hours is about my limit. Your CTX is really paying off for you. Most of my areas have been hunted out when it comes to the silver, but I still pick up a piece or two .Congrats on a great day detecting.

Wow! That is awesome, Congratulations on the Capped Bust Dime. And a big :thumbup: on finding a fantastic pocket spill. That's the kind of pocket spill that gets the heart racing.

Rich (Utah)

Wow is right. I hunted about the same time this weekend, but my best was a 1910 Wheat and a 1957 Rosie. What state do you live in?

That is some incredible hunting and finds Jim, congratulations.........:clapping:

Thanks everyone...just to clarify I found two shield nickels in the same hold, not all of those coins. I live in NY by the way

Congrats, Awesome hunt!

Man Jim - you crushed it - that must have been a LOT OF FUN! Congrats, those are some great coins bud:clapping:

Congratulations That's my dream hunt.

Just curios at to what type of set up your using. From the relics it looks like you may be at an old house site. Is iron a problem there? I'm also wondering how high can you run your sensitivity. Thanks

HH

Thanks everyone for your awesome support. @ Atlas, I use AUTO +3 most always. I typically hunt in large public parks or anywhere old.

WTG that hual would be a stellar yr for me here in Tennessee lol. Congrats man that is awesome