Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first coin of 2015 is my first Indian and first key date :stretcher:

Ugly-J

My brother came down from Idaho for the holiday and some metal detecting. We spent 3 days hunting the beaches of the central coast of California, which was very productive. My brother found some cool finds, which I’ll post on the beach page. We have an opportunity to hunt an old Victorian farm house built in 1886, so we had to hunt it while he was here. My brother hunts with a twenty year old sovereign, and my son had to remind of that while we were at the beach. The old school sovereign dominated my excal II at the beach, so I had to bring out the Etrac for the turf hunt. The iron field at the ranch house is horrible and makes for a hard hunt. I was in TTF and trying to go as slow as possible to keep the machine from going crazy from all the iron. I’ll I want as a dig able target is a clean high tone when moving to a ninety degree. Too many false high tones that are rusty nails while hunting at this site before.I was grinding away when I got a good high tone to sound out around all the low tones. The area I was hunting is plowed for a firebreak around the house, so the ground is easy to dig. Cut the plug and started to look for the target with the pin pointer, when I seen the round in the hole. At that time I was just happy that I found my first Indian head. My wife was there so she had to endure the fist pumps of joy. I get so excited when I can mark one off the list. I hunted till dark and found some other goodies during that time. My real joy came later at my parents’ house when I showed them what I found. My Dad is a coin guy and advised me to check the coin for an S on the back. Now my whole family hard to endure the fist pumps and the” I got some cold cuts” dance. What a way to start the new year 1909 S Indian head key date coin. She’s not pretty and neither am I but it's one of my coolest finds.

Enjoy the pics and good luck to all this year.

Great story and a huge congratulations on the key date. I found a 1908 s 3 or 4 years ago. Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

Excellent !

Spectacular find, The mintmarked Indian I've yet to find, not many in the south?

Congrats on your first eTRAC good mint year Indian! :clapping:

A few years ago when i took my then brand new eTRAC out in the field for the first time, the very first coin i found with it was an Indian in good condition but with a not so good mint year!