Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Dime Trifecta

jakechiro

Had to entire day to hunt yesterday. Met up with a buddy in the morning and hit a small park for an hour or so before a lady called the cops. We had every right to be there, but the chief of police asked us if we would mind moving locations. Apparently the lady was on the town council and wasn't happy that we were "tearing up the park and packing big knives (our Lesche diggers). Told him no worries, we had a couple of places we wanted to hit anyways.

Went to the next sport and I found the '06 Barber dime. After a couple of hours, my buddy had to go, so I met up with another friend at another park. Hunted for about 4 hours and I found the Merc and Rosie to complete the dime trifecta.

Also dug 22 Wheaties and $8.xx in clad with a couple of Tokens. One token was a good luck token that said "Safety First If You Stop to Think, You Will Think to Stop" on the back and the front had "Carry For Good Luck" around the front outside and in the middle had a horseshoe with "12th Street Garage Wheeling, WV" from what I can find it dates back to the 30s. The other Token was a 1988 Olympic Token from Clairol.

Here is short video of the finds if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLb6soqBpJE

Great Job! Congrats!

Wow nice finds! That's awesome. It's such a shame that so many people seem to have such a problem with our hobby. You had as much right to be in that park md'ing as anyone else did throwing a frisbee or playing with their dog. I just really don't understand why some people take such offense to metal detecting but I'm sure you did the best thing you could and leave especially since she's on the town council but I wouldn't be surprised if a new "ordinance" banning metal detecting in the town doesn't come up soon. I would strongly suggest that you and anyone else involved in the hobby in your location make a point to attend each and every town council meeting for the next few months so you can fight that nonsense if it comes up.

Very nice !