Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first half dollar!:bouncy:

ChicagoJohn

I went to park and found clad and a wheat penny until I stopped by far back of the park near an old house. I cant believe what I found! My first half dollar! Its 1942 Liberty Walking half dollar. I cleaned it with baking soda with warm water and now it look nice! E-Trac reading is 1-46, 6-47

Congrats..It looks to be in great shape.I found my first last Fall (it was a 1943)..I think they are one of the most beautiful coins ever minted. Nothing like finding big silver like that.

Most beautiful coin design ever (in my opinion)! Great find and great picture! Congratulations on your first

Beautiful coin - congrats !

That coin is in beautiful shape!! You will never forget your first.

My first was a 1918 S Walker that had been shot (probably a shooting demonstration in the 1920's) and was bent pretty bad. Will never forget it.

My second was what taught me to always recheck my hole. Andy Sabisch was teaching me how to use my ETrac in a nearby town. I pulled a rusty nail out of the hole and closed it up without rechecking it. He swept it and told me I should recheck the hole. When I did I got a nice tone and out came a 1953 Franklin half. I always recheck my holes now.

I hope you find many more half dollars!!

Thank you very much, everyone! I looked back of the coin and found a tiny D! I never expect to find it! Park is not that old but something out there before park. Found it not far from old tree and nearby old house.

Great looking coin! Congrats

John:

That is a tremendous find!!! It is absolutely a stunning coin and I can't imagine how you felt when you saw it in the hole!!! Congratulations, all your hard work and research paid off. Good for you!! I am so glad to say I know you, personally and can't wait for you to come visit and hunt with Rob and I. It is going to be a blast!!!

:clapping: