Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first large cent! :clapping:

ChicagoJohn

I went to Chicago area and found some coins until one at about 10 inch deep. I CAN'T believe what I found then I jump and run around! I stop by Windy City Metal Detector store to see owner Ron Shore. He cleaned it and said large cent. I cleaned it at home. Wreath and one cent is clearly! It is one of oldest coin in Chicagoland and I am happy!

wow, congrat's on your first LC.

I was in a very small town when I found my first LC and I think the whole town heard me when I found it, lol

ALRIGHT! Congratulations there John! :thumbup::clapping:You are a great hunter and dedicated member of this Sport! :please: Theres hope for us all! I've never found one yet..Thanks for the inspiration to keep looking!:beers: What a great rare find and a beautiful coin in your area!:clapping:
Mud

Congratulations on your first LC John. Any chance of getting a date off of it??? Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

n/t

Thank you everyone! I put it in olive oil for 24 hours then clean it. I use little sos pad on date then stop before too much damage it. I don't believe that I can see it is 1825! I think someone lost it in around 1860's! I am happy for my first large cent!

Nice FInd, I have found a few but most are is such poor condition i can just barely make it what they are. Has anyone ever found coins of the Large cent size, very deep, and they are like blank discs with a little green corrosion on them?

Congrats John! Did it ring up like a silver quarter? The few that I have dug did. They had me tricked. :blink:

When I Found My First I Was On My Knees When I Dig So I Picked Up My Other Hand
Looked Up And Waited For The Music!:rolleyes:

It Was A 1810 And One Of My Oldest To Date And Was Found In A Local Park And Is Still One Of My Greatest Thrills!

Congrat's :thumbup: Still looking for my first one!

Thanks for sharing the Large Cent find. I now know to send all my corroded coins to ( Windy City Metal Detecting ) for Conservation-goldnugget

Congrats on your 1st L C looks like a 1823 or 25..I was on cloud 9..w/my 1st .alot of these were drove/worn into the ground...you never know where they will pop-up..I just dug my 1st in the water!

Prairie Prowler said:
Congrats on your 1st L C looks like a 1823 or 25..I was on cloud 9..w/my 1st .alot of these were drove/worn into the ground...you never know where they will pop-up..I just dug my 1st in the water!

In water....wow! I found many coins by river's shoreline but all are bad shape! Coins in water too long turn bad shape! I would like go to east states to look for Large Cent but I was surprise that I found my first large cent! Old area...never know!