Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Metal Detecting Videos

AngelicStorm

Hey, these are the videos of the hunt I did last week. It is the first time I have recorded me metal detecting let along using a GoPro camera to do so. It is a GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition.

Don't hate on them since this is also the first time I halfway felt like I was talking to myself (actually talking to a camera). After reviewing the videos, I do see some things I could improve on with the camera viewpoint relative to the finds. My headlamp was making some of my finds super bright. Any suggestions on how to nullify that would be appreciated. Overall I did a good bit of editing and the upload speeds were horrible! So, that's why it took me so long to get them up. Either way I tried to do a good job. These are the very first videos I have posted so remember to subscribe and I'll subscribe back. I hardly have any sort of activity on my channel. That should be changing from here on out though. More videos will follow.

Here are my first ones......

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONOL-rmWVVo[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7CP8YIWNw[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az5jp1HGOvo[/video]

Haha! I just started playing all three at the same time. Makes it kind of interesting. :lol:

That's a good first attempt. It's not that easy but you did a good job. Subbed you. I'm "surfman1968" on YouTube.

sube said:
All I see is 3 boxes and a circle with a slash mark in it . sube

I am a little confused of what could be wrong. It shows up fine and plays well on the other computer I tried. Maybe you should delete all you browsing data including cache and cookies?

surfman said:
That's a good first attempt. It's not that easy but you did a good job. Subbed you. I'm "surfman1968" on YouTube.

Thanks surfman. I'll sub you back. You'll know it's me when you see Ninji Digger.

That's strange, I see them fine. Joe

sube said:
Must be my computer . sube

Try using a different browser or maybe you don't have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player....oooor follow this link to my channel....http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZEceT-EGQwjqff6So945yw

Yea it's my computer . Try to mount the camera different or when you edit use zoom this way you won't have to listen to the detector all the time . I know you have the camera on the detector but it's to close to your digging tool .Good video , I know what you mean on downloading takes time , I just let my computer download it when I go to bed and when I wake up it's usually done . sube

I had no problem at all loading these videos. They were good quality and it really shows how metal detecting is. Very realistic and truthful. I like the rope and metal idea to map out the yard this does seem to help keep you on tract with what you are looking for. I feel like you have found alot in these few clips and you will find more. Your camera that you used also was very clear picture for us to see the items and are well. I really enjoyed the graphics you also put into the vids. Starting it off with the name and music, ending it with music and each item you found per clip very talented young man.:yo:

sube said:
Yea it's my computer . Try to mount the camera different or when you edit use zoom this way you won't have to listen to the detector all the time . I know you have the camera on the detector but it's to close to your digging tool .Good video , I know what you mean on downloading takes time , I just let my computer download it when I go to bed and when I wake up it's usually done . sube

Yeah, I noticed how my digging tools coupled with my pinpointer were interfering with the detector and it is a bit of a distraction to listen to all the grunts and chirps. When I read your post it made me think of mounting the camera onto my shovel so the detector speakers won't be so close to the camera speakers. I could also point the detector in a slightly different angle than my dig area to avoid the noise, but that may pose the problem of the viewers not seeing what the heck is going on. It maybe possible to capture the majority of the detailed digs and possible to miss some digs too because of the angle of the camera. Another thing I thought of is to use my headphones. That would cut the detector sound out completely while not letting the viewers hear some of the key finds. Here is a recent link of how I have my camera mounted.... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2029067. The area where the Jaws clamp is clamped down onto is a pretty big stretch of the teeth and it works. Not sure if it could be used efficiently any other way. Any suggestions of how else I could mount it onto the detector?

It looks like I will have to do the same thing when I upload videos since the speed is so slow. It pays to have a fast upload speed when doing this.
Thanks.

mandapanda08 said:
I had no problem at all loading these videos. They were good quality and it really shows how metal detecting is. Very realistic and truthful. I like the rope and metal idea to map out the yard this does seem to help keep you on tract with what you are looking for. I feel like you have found alot in these few clips and you will find more. Your camera that you used also was very clear picture for us to see the items and are well. I really enjoyed the graphics you also put into the vids. Starting it off with the name and music, ending it with music and each item you found per clip very talented young man.:yo:

I can't believe someone would make an account just to compliment me in such a good manner. The reason why I suggested you made an account is that was your very first post. Are you experienced with this stuff or something? Thanks either way. That was thoughtful. :angel:

Like you said, "I feel like you have found alot in these few clips and you will find more." I hope you can predict the future or your feelings are correct. :yo:

Thanks again for the nice compliment! :)

Good job Angelic... Listening to the detector while you were digging was a bit much, but other than that I think you have a bright future.. I will subscribe and look forward to more.

AngelicStorm maybe a chest mount unit from gopro that's what I'm thinking . Never did a dig video still learning .Good luck sube

Thanks GK.

Looks like some experimenting with my headphones and volume control maybe in the forecast. If that doesn't work I might consider a chest mount. Good thing about the Jaws: Flex Clamp is that it is really versatile and I can think of all sorts of other things I can do with it.

Good looking videos

Unlike most of the others, I liked hearing the detector with the camera, just watch the shovel and pinpointer when near the coil. What I missed was you not having the screen shown in the video, you have a wide enough angled lens there that you would still see the coil and the screen at the same time.
I think overall for your first video's, you hit it out of the park, very good job.
Did that bracelet turn out to be silver? I thought it sounded like a mid tone in the video so I doubted it being silver.
Keep up the good work!

Cliff

Cliff

nagov said:
Unlike most of the others, I liked hearing the detector with the camera, just watch the shovel and pinpointer when near the coil. What I missed was you not having the screen shown in the video, you have a wide enough angled lens there that you would still see the coil and the screen at the same time.
I think overall for your first video's, you hit it out of the park, very good job.
Did that bracelet turn out to be silver? I thought it sounded like a mid tone in the video so I doubted it being silver.
Keep up the good work!

Cliff

Cliff

Yep, those were the key noise makers. Every once in a blue moon there would be a burst of EMI coming off the powerlines nearby. What do you mean by the screen not being shown?

The Bracelet turned out to be junk, but I still showed it at the end of the first video because of it was one of the more curious finds. It was a mid-tone. I was hoping it was gold.

Thanks

By angling the camera down to see the detector screen and coil at the same time.... actually watch the numbers and target trace while you are swinging....that's what I meant. You did it at one point in one of the video's.... I just thought it would be nice to see all the time.... but you WILL never satisfy everyone so don't worry, just keep up the good work!

Cliff

What I was talking about regarding the noise from the detector was when he was digging with the shovel and we were just listening to whatever signal was generated from the metal in that as he moving to shovel to dig his hole.