Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first time using TTF and I like it

Mark in S.E. IA

Yesterday I was at a older school and my first target was a clad nickel, my second was a 38d Buff, I like this start. As I get going along I start running in to a lot of iron hits, 35-46 and it was driving me nuts, lol. I set the MDer up to run TTF for my first time.
It was a lil weird at first but it didn't take me long to get on to it and I like it. I thing this was a good place for me to try it for the first time, it had a lot of iron and very lil trash. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours and I found everything in the pic using TTF except for the 38d Buff.
I also Found 2 wheat's that are not in the picture.
One thing that I do not understand about TTF. Some of the coins I found there had a real strong iron tone with a not so good high tone and after I found the coin I could not get the iron tone after I filled in the hole.

Today I went back to that school I was at yesterday and found 2 more Buff's, 1 wheat and a Baseball medal.

Then I went to another school and started working it an found a Rosie and 3 wheat's. All the coins I found today had iron in the same hole. The Rosie had 3 nails in the same hole.

I'm really likein TTF at places that does not have a lot of trash.

Mark in S.E. IA said:
I could not get the iron tone after I filled in the hole.
Can't help you with that.....that's a headscratcher?

TTF will help you on those nickels and it looks like you're finding that out!!!!!! Good finds there!

A pattern I like with TTF is to take the trashy park pattern and just open up the bottom half of the pattern. I use it a lot when I use TTF. One thing to keep in mind when using TTF is that break point on the 17fe.....you'll miss a few iffies because of that.

Heading into the big city tomorrow and hope to get some hunting in while I'm there. I plan to re-hunt two curb strips I've already hit before, 1 I've hit a few times so I'm not sure how it'll go? Usually when I go to the big city I tend to hunt fast and somewhat cherry pick so I'm hoping by slowing down and hunting nice and slow like I usually do that maybe I can pick out a couple more iffies/deepies and more or less try and focus on nickels.....I need some V's......lol I'll let you guys know how my plan works out....if it works out at all....lol

I set up the program in 4IF that is attached. Anybody tried this one. will be going out to try. Any advice on this program will be appreciated.

I tried it the 1st time today and it is awesome. I went to an area I knew had some pennies I had passed over and had covered the area with 3 different detectors and twice with 2 of them, so a total of 5 times. Using TTF I picked up 2 quarters, two dimes, 2 nickles and some pennies in about 40 mins. Dug a few tabs that were ringing as nickels and that was the only frustration

I already know a cpl places I need to go back and try

Nice finds. Yeah ferrous tones will grow on you in the right places.

Know what you mean about ferrous tones mixed in with coin tones until the coin is dug up. I get this occasionally too usually with known iron junk at the site.

Only thing i can think of is small corroded iron that breaks apart from the digging process.
Long as i get decent 2-way coin tones even mixed with random >35 iron tones, i dig. Solid 35 grunts in either one or two directions, walk over.

I have been trying to get into TTF for a few weeks, but I haven't felt confident in it yet... getting an OVERWHELMING iron response in the few parks and schools I have tried it in, and usually switch back to multi-conduct fairly quickly. However... today I was at a park that I have pulled a few Wheaties out of in the past couple weeks, so I know it is "old" ground... and recognized that my etrac was losing threshold left an right due to the iron disc... and had about 30 minutes before having to head to work... so I thought I would give TTF a concerted effort (at least 30 minutes worth of concerted effort).

I have the trashy park pattern set up with the bottom opened up, so the iron isn't disc'd, and started SLOWLY swinging in TTF. I got A LOT of iron hits... but was listening for a high tone that I could repeat in two directions, and hopefully at 90... in between the iron tones, I was able to dig a 1940 Jefferson, 3 Wheaties, and this $0.1875 silver. When I got the silver tone in TTF it was a 14-46, 14-47... and surrounded by iron tones. Before I dug it, I flipped my pattern over to Multi-Conduct and barely got a squeak... I definitely would have walked over this target in multi-conduct... but in TTF, the tone was solid and true (though only in about a 2 inch wiggle strip with the coil). It definitely has me interested to try more with TTF. My struggle is figuring out how to pin point in TTF. I tried to use the wiggle back method, and it works if I can keep a good tone, and hear it drop off, but some of the more iffy signals are tough... any tips from the TTF experts?

2TF is fantastic in heavy iron - with a small coil it works much, much better !