Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Frist Old Silver

Well Bootyhunter and I hit a 1900 home site in a downtown area here in the south and it end up being my best day yet. I will let him tell you about his finds. I got a 1929 wheat first signal then another wheat and another wheat it was reading 12 39 at 5" I re-scanned the hole and out popped a 1907 indian in amazing condition. Then I got a a sweet 11 13 at 4" soild got a no date buffalo. Found some clad then I got a soild sweet 12 43 4" I was thinking wheat or maybe clad dime. I dug my plug stuck the Garrett in the hole it hit on the side wall and out pop a sweet 1911 barber dime my first ever!!! You have to understand in our area indians buffalo and barbers are rare. 5 yrs 3000+ coins I have dug 6 buffs 3 indians and 1 barber dime. The silver we find here are Mercs, Rosies sometimes SLQ's and Washington's. What a last 2 weeks I have had a large men's silver ring an 18k gold an diamond ring and now 3 old coins this is my best few weeks after a slump in finds HH and Merry Christmas all...

Matt

Congrats, the first of many with the CTX. How did you clean your Buff?

great job Matt, that IS a nice two weeks. hope you get some more good hunting this year. D

n/t

Congratulations Matt, well done.

Thanks all. I tumbled the buff for about 2 hrs in aqurium rocks. I did 2 peroxide baths on iph and gently scrubed it.

Outstanding work my friend! Way to sniff out the old stuff.

Dude, that was a fun hunt, that Indian is in the best condition of any we've dug! Way to bust a slum!! We have got to get back to that spot soon, hope to post my finds from the hunt soon. Congrats on your first Barber hope there are many more to come.

Very nice, hope my silver count goes up for 2013!