Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My last Etrac find:sadwalk:

etracjoe

Although it is sad that I will no longer be using the Etrac, it was a great machine for me and has made me many great finds. I do not post many of my finds but I thought I would post this one due to the fact it was not only my last find but also a pretty neat one. I found this medal at a foundation that is real old. I did not find many items there but the only coin I found was from 1828 and was a large cent. It is thicker than a lc and slightly bigger around. It is made of brass/bronze? I am not sure who is depicted on the front or exactly what is on the back but front is a soldier and back has about 15 tiny sail ships and a small group of islands depicted. There is no writing anywhere. The medal was found at same depth as lc so I am assuming just as old? Please if anyone knows the identification let me know? Thank you and I have had a pleasure chatting with you guys on this forum and learning all about the Etrac. HH Joe

The man looks like it might be Admiral Dewey which would make the medallion a Spanish American War artifact. The ships depicted on the opposite side look more like steel-hulled steam ships rather than sailing ships which would be appropriate for the Spanish American War.

You really know your history!! I can't believe how spot on you are. I looked it up and it is definately Admiral Dewey and the back depics the battle of manilla bay. I much appreciate your help. Spanish/American war.......I'll take it:thumbup:

Hey, no problem; glad to help. Since the battle of Manila Bay was in 1898 the item is probably from the early 1900s; I couldn't find anything exactly like it on the internet. It seems odd to me that it has no writing on it describing what person/event is being honored.

Congratulations on an "Admiral" find! Thanks for the pictures. I assume you're going to a different machine and not giving up on the hobby Joe...? Have fun detecting.

NebTrac

Thanks for the comments. Yes Neb.....went to the CTX. I had to get rid of the Etrac just to finance the CTX otherwise would still be in the arsenal. Its a happy/dissapointing tradeoff actually. Dont get me wrong....I loved my Etrac and will miss the x1 probe too. The E gave me many great finds and a few stress relieving hours of fun. So far the CTX has proven to be a fine detector and worthy of the replacement.Unfortunately with my job I do not have as much time to detect as I used to. HH Joe