Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Oldest Coin to date

John-NC

This is a 1829 Capped Bust Dime from a site that was developed in 1926. Old coins coming from later developed sites is not that uncommon. The uncommon part is that the town was established in 1808. In 1829 it only had about 400 residents. So, I think I got pretty lucky to dig this up. Especially considering that it was only 5" deep and came up the same as a zinc penny at 7/26 in digital. I dug it and it paid off. It's a well worn coin. I had to take several pictures at different angles and lighting to get the date. I also dug a corroded 1915 Buffalo and a '43 wheat in the same area. This site has been good to me with several mercs, buffalos, and, wheats. Lot more area to cover on this site.

Good Job, keep digging... That is why I don't pass up the 7/26

A great find John; ~ and that's getting back in time !:thumbup:
Welcome to the forum too...:happy:

That Dime is really worn and thin also. That is why it read lower on your screen than usual and that is why you have to dig all them Coins Signals since you never know when something Silver that is well worn is only a plug away. Congrats on finding that Oldie! That is probably one I will never find, at least not without taking a trip out East. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH at that site.:super:

Not your every day run if the mill silver:drinking: Congratulations