Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Oldest Coin To Date

Yeasty

Hunted a park in Dover Delaware today. I got a sweet 12 - 46 target and expected it to be another quarter. LO and BEHOLD, out pops this really nice 1721 KING GEORGE I HALFPENCE!! AND I DIDN'T SCRATCH IT! Totally unexpected. It's the oldest coin I've found to date. Finds like this is why I love this hobby. I'm happy as a little girl!

You've got me beat by 162 years :sadwalk:

Actually I'm happy for you! :clapping::clapping: Congratulations on an awesome find! Thanks for the pictures!

NebTrac

...a great find there!!!
I found one a while back outside a churchyard. They are known as "Dump" halfpennies!!!

I always think outside the box and wonder who dropped it and what they were doing.......interesting!!

Gaz.

Outstanding !!!

The oldest coin I found yet is a 1828 Large Cent where I live in Ohio.
Right now I'm in Maine for three weeks doing some work on a family members house - really hope to to find any type of coin with a 1700's date on it while I'm here !

Again, great job on finding the 1721 King George !!!

:yikes:You know its old if Gaz recognizes it.:rofl:

NebTrac

Awesome coin!! :yikes:

I'm so envious of you. I don't have coins like that to find in my neck of the woods....just a bunch of mercs and rosies!

Congrats on your oldest!! Hope you can find more!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

That coin is in great shape - most of the King Georges I am finding here on Long Island are pitted pretty bad.

In England - they call those large milled coppers greenies and just toss them to the side - found about 20 of them when I went over for a week in March.

Great find - congratulations.