Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My other hobbies include -

Take a child out with you, best paycheck you could ever hope for!!!

Waterdog what brand of drone do you own. Reason I ask is because I have one coming tomorrow. I ordered a DJI mavic air 2. Bought it new at a good price. I’ll use it for land surveying. Roof top maintenance in and around town. And aerial photography.

The flight time I think is around 28 mins. They advertise 32 mins. Mine came with everything to get me up and running. I will eventually buy two more battery’s. Mine came with only one and purchase another set of blades. Did you have to purchase a license to fly it. I was reading FFA that you had to dunno. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos. It shouldn’t be hard to operate. I’ve seen where people have flown out to 5 to 7 miles crazy. Anyways I’ll pick your brain if I run into something. That and my new ctx. If it’s anything like my etrac it should be a breeze.

Waterdog what brand of drone do you own. Reason I ask is because I have one coming tomorrow. I ordered a DJI mavic air 2. Bought it new at a good price. I’ll use it for land surveying. Roof top maintenance in and around town. And aerial photography.
I have an older Parrot 2. Love it.
I'm looking at a thermal model next.
That Magic is a nice machine.
Make certain you put a password on it before you fly. I had left mine open and it got highjacked for about 10 minutes. I had seen a couple poachers get dropped off at the end of the farm. Most everyone knows I'll buzz around checking the property. The phone app anyone can download.
And once they were closer than me. They overtook the connection. Fortunately the battery I grabbed was in storage mode at 50%.
As I was walking around the field to it's last logged location. It came down in auto landing.
Guess they were watching me. LoL
Also if you do the planned route mode.
Make sure your high enough to miss everything.
Enjoy. And Good Luck.

The flight time I think is around 28 mins. They advertise 32 mins. Mine came with everything to get me up and running. I will eventually buy two more battery’s. Mine came with only one and purchase another set of blades. Did you have to purchase a license to fly it. I was reading FFA that you had to dunno. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos. It shouldn’t be hard to operate. I’ve seen where people have flown out to 5 to 7 miles crazy. Anyways I’ll pick your brain if I run into something. That and my new ctx. If it’s anything like my etrac it should be a breeze.
You won't get the Full flight time. Untill the batteries have cycled 4-5 times. Common lithium issue.
Taking those long flights. Make sure your GPS return lost signal is on and Locked.
I'm not sure if that one has headless flight mode.
Anyway. Unless you have a spotter to see your orientation. It's easy watching your Drone from a distance. To not realize your heading.
Twice as I was learning. I flew into the tree's.
Broke the frame when I logged a programmed flight path. Forgot I set beginning of flight in front of the house. On launch from the back yard. It tried to fly thru the tree's at full speed to the start point.
38 mph. Lottsa damage.
I rebuilt her.
Untill you really get a feel for it.
Slow and gentle. Stay away from tree's.
They'll eat your drone.
Watch them invisible powerlines too.

I've been wanting a drone for a while now ,, should have got one a while back when my finances were in better shape . But ,, I'm a little cautious about spending a grand plus on something that could end up in a pile of busted up plastic . I've occasionally looked at one of those other , cheaper knockoff brands just to practice , and learn some of the basics with . I've seen one ,,, an Exo X7 Ranger ,, it has a lot of similar traits as the Mavic . Have any of you tried one ?? Or have you tried another brand that would be good for learning purposes ??

I've been wanting a drone for a while now ,, should have got one a while back when my finances were in better shape . But ,, I'm a little cautious about spending a grand plus on something that could end up in a pile of busted up plastic . I've occasionally looked at one of those other , cheaper knockoff brands just to practice , and learn some of the basics with . I've seen one ,,, an Exo X7 Ranger ,, it has a lot of similar traits as the Mavic . Have any of you tried one ?? Or have you tried another brand that would be good for learning purposes ??
Yes get a full function cheapy to learn.
Search Amazon. Read the reviews. Once you find one you like. Search forum reviews. And videos
As I mentioned before. If it has auto return on lost signal. Try to fly above any obstacles it could run into coming home. They make a straight beeline run for home when lost.
Keep it within a couple three hundred ft until your familiar.
Learn to fly , hover and just carefully cruise around. Once you're good and confident.
I'll recommend the Parrot Anifi drone.
Ultra quite awesome drone.
I have the Parrot's Beebop 2. Love it.
Mine sounds like a swarm of African bees at 300 ft. The Anafi is almost silent at 100'.

Holy Stone is a great starter. CK the reviews.

The Anafi.