Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Pin Pointer is Haunted....

Steve In Michigan

So I have the Garrett Carrot.... I think it is now haunted after detecting a "Haunted" place. I noticed the light on the pin pointer would stay on every now and then even when the pin pointer is off. The reason I say it is haunted is I took the battery out and the light stays on!!! pretty sure it doesnt have a internal power source. Anyone else have this happen?

time for an exorcism

So I have the Garrett Carrot.... I think it is now haunted after detecting a "Haunted" place. I noticed the light on the pin pointer would stay on every now and then even when the pin pointer is off. The reason I say it is haunted is I took the battery out and the light stays on!!! pretty sure it doesnt have a internal power source. Anyone else have this happen?
Now THAT is FUNNY!!!!

Steve

Have a priest sprinkle some holy water on it

Your Garret Carrot is demon possessed now & needs prayed over for all demons to leave! Actually, that is wierd because demons need live bodies to enter & be cast out of & into other live bodies! Like Jesus cast the demons out of the mentally ill man & sent them into the Swines' bodies, and they went crazy & ran into the sea & drowned! Holy Water & prayers would probably help in the situation & surely wouldn't make things worse! Prayers help when prayed in believing faith in Jesus--so never wasted! I imagine you will get some laughs over this, if true--some people joke about these things just to sir up Religious people! Ma

This is the first time I have heard of this happening.
I agree… once the battery is removed , the light should not be on!!! :look::shrug:

I guess it has a back up battery ? My hearing aids light up for a few minutes after taken out of charger! I never had a Pin Pointer when I detected--I had to quit in 2007 0r 2008, I believe because of mine & my brother's illnesses--He came from FL to live with me in MO in 2006--so not much detecting with both of us ILL from diseases--He had PAH & Parkinsons! I have COPD, Parkinsons & other illnesses so no more swingin' & a diggin'! Cliff passed away in 2009 but detected in his area of Hollywood, FL before moving to St. Louis, MO! Ma

Quick fix…….. wrap tin foil around your head, put a battery in the GC, starting spinning counter clockwise and begin in a low voice saying AhhhhhUhmmmmm (continue until the repair technicians show up, they usually wear white coats and talk softly to you……). Repeat as necessary……

🤭😳😮 🥕

Attachments

• 68EB5631-009B-44AD-BE16-E397B62B4C2B.jpeg
    68EB5631-009B-44AD-BE16-E397B62B4C2B.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 9FFEF6B1-3CAB-45D5-A4AA-FB4C9CF4180E.jpeg
    9FFEF6B1-3CAB-45D5-A4AA-FB4C9CF4180E.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 83
I have an original pro pointer and if I remove the battery and push the power button, the light will come on for a split second… I don’t see how this is possible without the battery making a complete circuit.:shrug:

if it also pinpoints with out a battery it would be blessed

I have an original pro pointer and if I remove the battery and push the power button, the light will come on for a split second… I don’t see how this is possible without the battery making a complete circuit.:shrug:
Maybe I figured it out...? My wife Cannot wear any electric wrist watch. She has unusually high electricity flowing threw her body. Electric watches on her wrist will simply not keep time..! Basicly to much EMI. Maybe that's what's happened to his carrot pinpointer..?

So, I am not an electronics engineer, but have had some basic electronics training many, many years ago. What if there is a 'capacitor' of some type on the circuit card and/or in modern terms, designed into the die for the processor. From what I remember, one of the functions of a capacitor is to store up electric current until a gateway (read as diode) allows the current to proceed. My guess then, is that powering off still leaves a bit of current not yet discharged from said capacitor. I know this happens because if you take the back off your television or computer monitor and while working happen to touch the capacitor, it is going to shock the living daylights out of you. I did this once while working on a friends TV and I shot back about 3 feet into the wall before falling down. I told him the TV cannot be fixed :)

Or... what if the operator has had their clock reset by electrical charges induced from the detector and/or 'spirits'? Would the operator then be the 'haunted one'? I dun no.

Maybe I figured it out...? My wife Cannot wear any electric wrist watch. She has unusually high electricity flowing threw her body. Electric watches on her wrist will simply not keep time..! Basicly to much EMI. Maybe that's what's happened to his carrot pinpointer..?

I haven't worn many watches because of being allergic to most metals--makes my skin rashy & sore! One time I wore a leather watch band wider than the watch & that helped & also I have crocheted bands to wear so the watch wouldn't touch my skin but eventually I just gave up because of sweating & irritated skin, so haven't worn a watch for years & most quit running after wearing them for awhile! I am a REDHEAD with very tender skin --Poison Ivy & etc nearly kills me when I have it---I am then most miserable indeed! Sunshine==Sunburns! SAD! Ma