Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Pin Pointer is Haunted....

So, I am not an electronics engineer, but have had some basic electronics training many, many years ago. What if there is a 'capacitor' of some type on the circuit card and/or in modern terms, designed into the die for the processor. From what I remember, one of the functions of a capacitor is to store up electric current until a gateway (read as diode) allows the current to proceed. My guess then, is that powering off still leaves a bit of current not yet discharged from said capacitor. I know this happens because if you take the back off your television or computer monitor and while working happen to touch the capacitor, it is going to shock the living daylights out of you. I did this once while working on a friends TV and I shot back about 3 feet into the wall before falling down. I told him the TV cannot be fixed :)

Or... what if the operator has had their clock reset by electrical charges induced from the detector and/or 'spirits'? Would the operator then be the 'haunted one'? I dun no.
You are correct… capacitors do store energy…. Could be something like that going on in my case, but he stated that his lights stays on with no batteries… not sure how long… mine merely lights up for an instant.
Still seems odd though that the light would come on at all… I could see getting shocked as what happened to you because you completed the circuit by being grounded in some way.
BTW… I am not an electronics whiz either, but have been shocked a few times…😂🤣