Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My plans for the Equinox.

JASONSPAZ1

It looks like I will be leaning towards holding off on the Equinox due to possible launch bugs and or hardware flaws.
Come on guys and gals, we all know what accompanies a new detector release.
Bugs, flawed coil hardware, battery housing/hardware issues, leaky units, etc.
Can you imagine at the Equinox anticipation at its apex, what would happen if a plethora of people starting sending in their Equinox for service.
"It will be mass hysteria, cats and dogs getting along, REAL wrath of god stuff"

I think the Equinox will be a tremendous success.
But look what happened to the Hindenburg.
I would rather better be safe than sorry, and wait for any issues to be sorted out.
Just my 2 cents. Full disclosure, In no way am I knocking Minelab, any manufacture of any electronics product can have launch release issues. I have just learned to hold off for a bit.
I do not mean to dissipate the smell of ones own gas from all of the Equinox hype they ingested.:wacko:

HH
Jason

Love that spider thing!

Anyway, what if there are only minor issues, or none at all? Then you could be kicking yourself because it will be late April before you get a chance at one. Depending on where you live, you either missed the start of your season, or coming toward the part where it is starting to get too hot.

Ground still frozen for me, but it will thaw this week, maybe it will remain next few weeks thawed.

I hope there are no issues, then I will buy one.
Problem solved.
I have been a passionate user of the Sovereign series, and on paper the Equinox seems to be the only machine that will allow my GT to retire.
I would probably fish more in 2018 if the spring started off with a mental starburst of anticipation with my new Equinox only to find out that the machine screen gets fogged up.
And it is those type of flaws that would make the Equinox overlords go nuts if they also had to deal with something simple, but as annoying on the eye as a fly in pudding.
I truly hope the Equinox launches without incident.

HH
Jason

I do believe that is why they are taking so much time to release and have been working hard on it.....they no about BUGS in past releases..they learnt from the past.....I'm not saying TOTALY bug free but nothing like you're describing..might be more than an upgrade then a bug fix..

+1, nice spider thingy and dime. :cheers: You should make that your avatar.

I think there are some folks that post in this subforum whose plan for the Eq is to ramp up the beetching level. Particularly if they don't even buy one.

Yes, you need to hold off. A bunch of you need to hold off. :detecting:

No worries oughta me!----I'll hold off/take another look at it in six months.----You guys should have the bugs worked out of it by then.:)----Meanwhile, my CTX & Etrac will do me just fine!:thumbup:

Whats to worry about. If you get it and it has a major flaw then call your credit card company. Return it and get your money back. If it has a small software issue then wait for the update. You really cant lose.

I think those that chose to wait will get a good long opportunity to wait. There seems to be crowds lined up at the proverbial doors waiting for the store to open.

My hopes are that Minelab gets the Equinox and all of its' components squared away BEFORE they start shipping them out. I am pretty high on a wait list, but still, nobody yet knows how many units Minelab will be sending out to their various distributors to get things started. The longer Minelab takes to distribute units, the longer it takes to get widespread field results back to those that are in the wait and see queue. To anybody wanting to wait and see, I have no issue at all, $650-$900 is a hefty chunk of change.

Keeping the fingers crossed.

Rich (Utah)

What is considered high on the waiting list?

detectorpoutine said:
What is considered high on the waiting list?

The people who placed an order in the first days after the reveal. Some dealers have hundreds of people wait-listed.

I’m 25 on my dealers waiting list in Ontario...... I hope they get more than that sent to them or I’m in for a long wait :(

The waiting list is kind of weird.
Even if you are number two on your local dealer list he might be one of the last Distributors to get his so you will still be near last lol.

From what I have understood that the dist will get some in the first order and all dealers if they ordered will get at least 1 for show purpose. Now from there on they will gradually start shipping to dealers as the orders were placed, then the dealer ships to his customers in order they were received.
Now I hope for the delay they are building them 24 hours a day so when the first ones will fill most dist and dealers back orders, if not there maybe a bit of a wait for those that waited to long and they may have a long wait depending on how many they are making and the supply of parts that are available.

Rick

Im not concerned. I ordered later knowing a batch is going to get out there and i may not get one....... but im in line. Seems to have pretty good testers who were aware of the CTX issues. Ive got GREAT water machines im hoping this fills a nitch....... but if its better ill have no complaints. Im hoping ML gets this water thing down....... then puts out a decent PI...... i mean come on.

I am watching everything Equinox related to the point that Chevy trucks are appearing in my feed.
Anyway, there are trolls everywhere and we all know this. However, beneath the trolling there perhaps can be some slight evidence of warranted suspicion.
Sometime in the next couple weeks we should start to see the basic YouTube unboxing and bench tests.
I can not ever remember a lead up to a machine release that have so little media about control and bench tests overviews.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!
LOL.
Right before I pressed post message I decided to do one more search for any info on Equinox salt tests.
Low and behold here it is. Posted 9 hours earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86P3j1NAJZ8

Another as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxksCWfJnQ

JASONSPAZ1 said:
I am watching everything Equinox related to the point that Chevy trucks are appearing in my feed.
Anyway, there are trolls everywhere and we all know this. However, beneath the trolling there perhaps can be some slight evidence of warranted suspicion.
Sometime in the next couple weeks we should start to see the basic YouTube unboxing and bench tests.
I can not ever remember a lead up to a machine release that have so little media about control and bench tests overviews.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!
LOL.
Right before I pressed post message I decided to do one more search for any info on Equinox salt tests.
Low and behold here it is. Posted 9 hours earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86P3j1NAJZ8

Another as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxksCWfJnQ

I think it's safe to say the detectorist doesn't spend much time in the sun. His legs look like glow sticks.