Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Second Only in 24 years

Mike K (Ohio)

[size=x-large]Well I found most of the usuals over the past few weeks. But I'm gonna post what I liked the most. It's a Type 1 3 Cent Silver and a few years ago I found a Type 2.... The NOX locked onto it in about 5-6" in a bean field using the 6" coil Park 1 FE2 - 0 Sen 25 and Recovery 3. Still would love to find a Capped Bust Coin this year!!!!

Mike K (Ohio)[/size]

Very nice find Mike!!
That is a little coin.. seen pictures of them.. never found one though.
Good job!!

Nice find. I've never found one, what VDI did it give?

Nice find still have not found one my dad just found another one last month!
Mark

Congratulations!!!! Awesome find Mike!! Amazing how TINY and thin they are.

I only ever found one.mine was in mud and I had a heck of time getting out of that goopy wad...I almost gave up on it..like ELP said they are quite small.. congrats on a very cool find..

The VDI was a 15 and I was using a 6" coil in a farm field. Park 1 I guess its 75% Silver and 25% copper so that's why the signal was so much lower.....

Mike K

Park 1 and it was a 15 using a 6" coil and it was about 4-5" wasn't deep as it was in a bean field.....

Yea this one rang up allot better than the Type 2 I dug with my Explorer II. Thanks Bro!!!!!

Mike K

Keep Swinging you will find it. Just gonna have to dig those 2 way repeatable 15's as that's where it rang up....

Mike K

Lol Yea, In the bean fields I did most 2 way repeatable signals. I'm not saying I don't get tired of them as I do and do pass some up. Just happens my detecting buddy called me over to check a hole as I was using my 6" coil and wanted to test it. It rang in a solid 15 and he dug it and it was a large copper washer. As I started walking away I hit a strong 15 signal and I told Rick I got your twin here and he walks by thinking it was trash also. With in a minute I had the dirt flipped and probed around with the G Carrot. To my surprise and you know the rest. So it was a lucky dig also....

Mike K