Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My son Andy had a good night last night.

George-CT

Got rider of the year award. He just change bikes this week and is going to be riding KTM's this year.... Our first official race this year is April 10. Looking at the track and all the snow on it and we are turning the track around this year to opposite direction, will be a busy next month and a half. We put in all new leadership this year, lot of younger guys. Lets see if they were paying attention.

Geo-CT

n/t

that you will be hard pressed to have the track ready by April 10th. Getting the track ready is going to be one heck of a challenge and nightmare. I wish you the best. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

They are a well made bike and you see them more in Hare Scrambles and Cross Country rides, big ones like Dakar Rally etc. The jap bikes seem to squeese them out in motocross but I see them out there. My son wanted to try them out but also wanted to build up his own. He likes riding the hot 125cc bikes, they are quick. He has 2 250cc bikes but wanted to play with lighter framed bike but more horse power. KTM makes a 200 cc that fit his needs. He pulled it apart, set it up as a motocross rig and started his tweaking. So far its doing very well. My driveway will attest to it today, it looks like Patton came thru with his tanks.
Those knobbys can destroy hard dirt driveways fast let alone one thats just came out of hibernation. I back bladed it tonight so it will freeze smooth again over night.... If you Google Wiki piedia KTM Bikes you will see the entire story of how they came to be.... He is only racing the club events this year so good time to try it out. The real work world is starting to get in his way....and so it goes.... Here is a picture of one like his only he has the bigger engine in it and bunch of changes....The re did the suspension yesterday. Need to revalue it to take the big jumps and not bottom out.... Geo

hand me my butt now. My back don't like those jumps at all anymore. I ride thru him in the dirt. Road riding I still do on the cruiser. He don't care for road at all, bores him. I ride around here on the ranch but not at the track much other than to move about. Our jumps are big and constant. We are more like Supercross. The guys like the big jumps. Not a good track for folks not into jumping. If you can't jump, at that track you might as well leave it on the truck or trailer.

85cc RM. We have a lot of equipment to keep the track going. We have a nice dozer, and tractor, one skid steer, and a big loader and a couple of rollers. Luckly we have guys in the club with big equipment also and they bring their stuff in if we need it or are in a rush. No one gets paid, we are non profit. We donate most of the money except what it takes to run it and have fun for doing this stuff.
It keeps the kids off the street, gives them a safe place to ride and a lot of them have done quite well and been picked up by major sponsors. Most of our circuit is just with New England clubs. We race with New Hampshire, Mass, Vermont, Maine and back to Connecticut and just keep going to club to club almost every weekend. This year we are trying to shorten it up some as it cost a lot to travel for the riders. We open first as we are the furthest south. Right now we are still under lot of snow but that will change quickly. Down side is the mud will not....Our first 2 events are a gamble on our part. First to get the most riders but easy to get knocked out from April rains. We race in the rain all the time but early spring, if rain and mud, pretty much keeps them away except for the pro guys riding for points. Geo