Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Unexpected Discovery on a Civil War Battlefield

ldhrelics

Join me for another brief relic hunting trip to a local battlefield. It had been awhile since I hunted this particular part of the site, but as it turned out, it paid off. I briefly go over my relic hunting settings for the Minelab Equinox 800. I hope you enjoy the video, and thanks for watching.

Nice finds! Was wondering where your shovel came from...looks like a very good design.

Thanks. It's a Kobalt Long Handle Fiberglass Trenching Spade (TRS-5CF-K) from Lowes. It was $29.95+tax. I cut 18" off of the handle and added a D-Grip handle off of an old trenching shovel a friend gave me. I also cut some off of the blade off to get rid of the sharp point. I find it much easier to get loose dirt out of a deeper hole and it makes it so much easier to rake the dirt back into the hole. The blade ended up 9.5" long. The overall length of the shovel is now 42-1/2". It's proven to be a great shovel; especially in plowed fields.