Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My weekends

Larry (IL)

Nancy and I managed to get out and go camping the last two weekends and that usually means some hunting is involved as well. I hit some well hunted areas but obviously not hunted out. The crown jewel from yesterday was a 1878 Indian Head in very fine condition. As you can tell, I did some of my hunting around a lake, some in a park and the nice Indians came from a Civil War reunion site which is mostly sand and the copper targets don't get the "greenies". The top quarter and Merc were black from sitting in a water soaked ditch so I took the brass brush to them and got them shinny but they were just bullion anyway so no real damage done. Of the five rings found only one is not a junker, the .925 is a nice one with an Amber stone in it and I did get a token for 5 cents in trade that is in pretty poor condition.

[attachment 201956 weekend.jpg][attachment 201957 weekend1.jpg][attachment 201958 weekend2.jpg]

WOO HOO! You did good. I see a handfull of silver but that indian is really SWEEEEET. Congrats on a great hunt. Daryl

Excellent hunt, Larry!! Some cool finds. I dug a red button like yours a while back. HH
My son and family will be coming down on Sunday and stay a few days, so, I will miss Tues meeting. Be sure Steve or whoever brings a camera for meeting pix.

Capt Ron