Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My wife got her Equinox

Confetrit

I surprised my wife this afternoon with a Minelab Equinox 600. She has been wanting a good detector for the beach, so there you go. All we have to do now is familiarize ourselves with the 600 and learn how to use it. She is really excited. Worth every penny to see her so excited with all that has been going on here lately.

I surprised my wife this afternoon with a Minelab Equinox 600. She has been wanting a good detector for the beach, so there you go. All we have to do now is familiarize ourselves with the 600 and learn how to use it. She is really excited. Worth every penny to see her so excited with all that has been going on here lately.
Good for you! I hope she does well with it!

One gold ring will hook her for life. Best of luck to you both 👍

I accidentally cut myself off on the last post so here's the second part.

Congratulations on your wife being excited about treasure hunting with you.

I now have a good treasure hunting relationship with my wife, so I hope you will experience the same. My wife only comes with me about 1/3 of the time, but that's cool.

I use the Equinox 600 and she uses the Vanquish 540 Pro.

After I learned to keep my mouth shut, which took me almost a month,.. (Stupid Me) We now have fun treasure hunting together.. but 150-feet apart, so she is on her own.... and I can't see what I think she's doing wrong. It works for us.

She does better when I'm not near her.

Whether she finds a half a dozen worthless clad coins... or a worthless crusty Buffalo Nickel, we're having fun together, and then we talk about the Crusty buffalo nickel that she found until we fall asleep. 😌

Ohhh.. I'm also now enjoying elaborate picnic lunches... No more beef jerky and Twinkies for lunch 😍😉😊 Ohh Yea..!

Attachments

• 20210606_115055_HDR.jpg
    20210606_115055_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
After I learned to keep my mouth shut, which took me almost a month,.. (Stupid Me) We now have fun treasure hunting together.. but 150-feet apart, so she is on her own.... and I can't see what I think she's doing wrong. It works for us.
My wife doesn't detect, but fortunately, solidly supports me. But, fastdraw, the same situation applies to my wife and I whenever we fish together. If she wants to fish 15' off the bottom in 18' of water, I've learned to keep my mouth shut and let her. Anyway, what's to say, she caught a 28.5" walleye last spring on our Canada/Mn border fishing trip. "Shut mouth" is good advise if us males can adhere to it with our spouses or girlfriends. HH jim tn

Be prepared to get your arse kicked LOL Don't' ask me how I know ;) Its been known to happen to me on more than one occasion!
HH Jeff
No surprises here. She usually kicks my arse with the Garrett Ace 350. I can only imagine what's to come with the Equinoxes 600. Lol

I accidentally cut myself off on the last post so here's the second part.

Congratulations on your wife being excited about treasure hunting with you.

I now have a good treasure hunting relationship with my wife, so I hope you will experience the same. My wife only comes with me about 1/3 of the time, but that's cool.

I use the Equinox 600 and she uses the Vanquish 540 Pro.

She does better when I'm not near her.

Whether she finds a half a dozen worthless clad coins... or a worthless crusty Buffalo Nickel, we're having fun together, and then we talk about the Crusty buffalo nickel that she found until we fall asleep. 😌

Ohhh.. I'm also now enjoying elaborate picnic lunches... No more beef jerky and Twinkies for lunch 😍😉😊 Ohh Yea..!
Our first beach hunt together was here recently at Tybee Island. She did well with her Ace 350 finding a new pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. We had a good time and did pretty well for our first beach hunt. I was using my Minelab Safari which I was pleased at how well it did on the beach. My wife had been telling me that she wanted a waterproof metal detector for the beach, so after doing some research and reading a lot of reviews and listening to what a lot of folks are saying about the Equinox, such as forum members here, I decided to surprise my wife with the 600. She was Thrilled to say the least.

My wife doesn't detect, but fortunately, solidly supports me. But, fastdraw, the same situation applies to my wife and I whenever we fish together. If she wants to fish 15' off the bottom in 18' of water, I've learned to keep my mouth shut and let her. Anyway, what's to say, she caught a 28.5" walleye last spring on our Canada/Mn border fishing trip. "Shut mouth" is good advise if us males can adhere to it with our spouses or girlfriends. HH jim tn
Yes sirs, through the years I've learned to just "Smile and Wave"..........just Smile and wave. Lol

My wife has zero interest in detecting, I cant even get her to go with the second set of headphones so she can simply listen. Nope, nada.
Hey, maybe you guys can get the ladies to sign in and then we can get the story behind the story. Hmmmmmm

Here are some tips/tricks pages I saved and read from regularly to try to increase my skills...

Thanks for the tips. This is some great information that will be helpful. We appreciate both the thought and the help.