Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nail tests

Indotguy

It is not my intention to debate the practicality of these test, but I'm curious if anyone has done any nail board testing with the E-Trac using Ferrous tones (TTF or 4TF)?

Yes there are a couple of very good videos already with Etrac's and nails. After you watch them you will not want to use (TTF or 4TF).... just search the forums for the vids.

Indotguy said:
It is not my intention to debate the practicality of these test, but I'm curious if anyone has done any nail board testing with the E-Trac using Ferrous tones (TTF or 4TF)?

************************************​

Dear friend..I am not being anti social in suggesting that you try any ideas or methods of using Fe mode that you yourself can conceive, and so learn from it.

I suggest it to save you from possibly being misinformed due to some of the erroneous methods contrived by others......The web is awash with 'unqualified advice'.

One thing I can tell you with 100% surety is, that in real life situations when you hunt, you will never know any metal object's 3 dimensional position relative to the target's; so the arbitrary, 2 Dim or undefined arrangements often engaged in by well meaning enthusiasts, are simply singular example, of an infinite variety of such......Therefore have very limited relationship to those which live-searching present.

Anyone who bluntly rejects the use of Fe mode, DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE REASON FOR ITS EXISTENCE, and hence, how to use it.

The physicists and electronic engineers at MINELAB (the qualified people) thought is was a sensible proposition, and so included the function;
now it's up to each person to practice and learn from the outcome, and decide whether they can apply any arrangement of disc pattern and Fe audio choice, to optimise their ability to interpret the outcome in an advantages manner.

I recommend that you try it for yourself, but only if you can first decide why you are doing so.......

If you want to discuss the subject further, your input will be welcome by many....

p.s. I introduced the concept to FINDMAL forums many years ago...via another well known participant...matt

See the 'PINNED notice's the top... re- user's observations on the FE tones techniques.

They appear to enthusiastically endorse the method.

It all about the person and their tenacity to audibly differentiate the good from the 'bad& ugly.'

That in turn is determined by your DISC PATTERN and how aggressively you design it to be.

In other words,,,,,,,YOUR choice. That will then determine the degree to which the FE system can generate a differential tone to alert you.

Theoretically, FAST ON for RECOVERY will assist.

Think of the FE number as a pseudo 'depth' indicator.....relatively interpreted......let.. Fe 20 to 27 be, say,...8 to 10 inches on a copper or silver coin of up to 1 inch diameter.

ALWAYS check FE number against the 'indicated' depth......as Fe approaches 27...and depth exceeds 8 inches...DIG IT.

p.s. 'Hi there MO & Ray'.....remember me?????....matt (A rose is still a rose...by any other name!)

Thanks for the lecture. :) Does anyone have anything helpful or beneficial to add?

I use FE mode and find plenty of nails lol. But have targets right nest to em. Actual digs are proving test to a point.

Thanks for the input.