Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nancy's Photo on TV

dave5710

A certain Nancy Fillman of Eureka, had a weather photo on channel 25 at 6PM. You may catch it at 10 PM, I'm not sure. Perhaps she will share it with us.

I will have to watch and see if they show it again, we missed it earlier, they usually call first but didn't this time. Nancy will post her story tomorrow.

Hi Dave, Well, here's the story and a few photos:

Hello,

Yesterday morning when taking the dogs outside, my husband noticed these strange icicles going up! I took a few pictures of them and thought it was quite strange. Do you know why they would be traveling up? If you want to use one of the pictures on the weather, go ahead.

Thanks so much for your time,

Nancy Fillman
Eureka, IL

Click on pictures to enlarge:

[attachment 222531 DSC_2216.jpg][attachment 222532 DSC_2218.jpg][attachment 222533 DSC_2219.jpg]

They've not gotten back to me, so if you know why, please enlighten me.

Thanks and HH,
Nancy

I googled "inverted icicle" and found this quote from Ask The Experts:

Water is one of those rare materials that expands while it freezes. If a crust of ice with a small hole in it forms over liquid water, it can trap the liquid below, leaving it no room to expand during freezing. So, as the water begins to solidify, it is forced up through the hole and begins to freeze around the hole's edge, forming a hollow, water-filled spike.

Water keeps moving up the spike

This is a couple of photos I took.

[attachment 222542 inverted.jpg][attachment 222543 inverted1.jpg]

Thanks Daryl. That's cool and it explains things now. :thumbup: HH, Nancy

Nancy, Congrats on making the news. Those pics you took look awesome. I will have to check the next time we have some freezing rain to see if I can find any of them critters.