Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

National Metal Detecting Day

Larry (IL)

was a blast and the weather even cooperated in spite of the forecast. We went to the big Minelab sponsored hunt in Galesburg and saw a lot of old friends. I think everyone had a good time, the ones I talked to anyway. I heard there was over $27,000 in prizes and coins to hand out or find to some lucky winners and almost 200 participants.We wasn't on the lucky winner list but got our share of the planted coins, getting our entry fee back plus some.

Here is my take for the day and the dirty clad is from some hunting we did this morning. Silver finds from the planted hunt were two quarters and 7 dimes.

A BIG thanks to the I&I club which our Steve C and Pam C. are members and helped put the hunt on. Thanks Steve and Pam.

[attachment 345648 0522171613_resized.jpg]

What a day!!!:twodetecting: Seeing old acquaintances and then 2 very special people working there. Hi Steve & Pam! :wave: No tokens were found (no postcards either) but it was sure nice pulling those Ike Dollars out of the cracks of the dirt. There's something mystical about those big coins. :wiggle: While hunting in the seeded hunt, I had intentions of swinging my coil under a particular picnic table but as I headed that way, some guy beat me to it. Something told me that I should go ahead and swing my coil under it. Sure enough, I got a half dollar. Yahoo!!! Here's my take for the National Metal Detecting Day that the Illinois & Iowa Club helped and put on also. I can say that the hunts were a blast even with having an asthma attack at the end of the last seeded hunt. Thank you Paulette for getting my inhaler.
[attachment 345649 001.jpg]

Then Larry and I did a little detecting on our own today before we came home. My dime is a 1940 S Merc. and I have a few wheat cents along with a military collar pin and a couple of gaming tokens.

Oh, I can't forget that one pull tab ring. :angry: What a great weekend!!!

[attachment 345650 003.jpg]

Star and I had a great time at the seeded hunt in Galesburg. The Illinois & Iowa Treasure Hunters Club did an outstanding job hosting the event. We didn't win any prizes but one of our own club members won three times in the raffle.

At our next meeting I think everyone should rub his head for good luck, or maybe a good yank on his beard might be more fun. Just kidding Bill:rofl:

Star and I went to Lake Storey last Thursday and found a few Wheat Cents and a nice gold ring and someone from the I & I Club found an 1830 Large Cent this weekend, so it seems the park still has some goodies to give up.