Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Native American artifacts....

okierebel

Greg (E.Tn) asked to see some NA relics. Each display contains points from two different areas and you can see a difference in
craftsmanship. I didn't make the boxes but an older lady my wife knew wanted to make one for me. She painted the picture on
the rock. I wasn't expecting that and it totally blew me away! I threw in the last pic, I used to make replica stuff but not much anymore.
I built the box and made the piece and used an old primitive knife. At the moment I can't get to my other artifacts until my wife's
always-down-on-her-luck friend moves all of her crap. Hopefully she'll move out soon. I'll try to post those later. HH okie
20201223_212413.jpg 20201223_212502.jpg 20201223_210423.jpg

Confetrit

Okierebel, those are some Excellent Native American Artifacts. All are beautifully displayed. The Native Americans were quite the craftsmen. I know that you are proud of your collection and rightfully so. The painting on the rock is and was well done, and adds a special touch to your collection. (y)

okierebel

Thanks, Confetrit!! You know, I tried to do some of that flint knapping. Not even close!! I've seen
people do it that were good though. Yes they were craftsmen and very resourceful also.
HH okie

Ronstar

I remember as a kid my parents and their friends couple would go down on the Clearwater River and “shake” for arrowheads. Dad would build an A frame looking stand and then put an old roller from an old style washing machine on top. Make a screen box, roll and shake the box along the roller and only the arrowheads and rocks would stay inside. After he passed away the step sisters gave them to me and I had a display box made. On the wall downstair in the ManCave.

Greg(E.Tn)

Greg (E.Tn) asked to see some NA relics. Each display contains points from two different areas and you can see a difference in
craftsmanship. I didn't make the boxes but an older lady my wife knew wanted to make one for me. She painted the picture on
the rock. I wasn't expecting that and it totally blew me away! I threw in the last pic, I used to make replica stuff but not much anymore.
I built the box and made the piece and used an old primitive knife. At the moment I can't get to my other artifacts until my wife's
always-down-on-her-luck friend moves all of her crap. Hopefully she'll move out soon. I'll try to post those later. HH okie
View attachment 10571 View attachment 10572 View attachment 10573
Neat finds, there Okie. Looks like the cover a period all the way from at least Archaic to Woodland.