Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Native American artifacts....

okierebel

Greg (E.Tn) asked to see some NA relics. Each display contains points from two different areas and you can see a difference in
craftsmanship. I didn't make the boxes but an older lady my wife knew wanted to make one for me. She painted the picture on
the rock. I wasn't expecting that and it totally blew me away! I threw in the last pic, I used to make replica stuff but not much anymore.
I built the box and made the piece and used an old primitive knife. At the moment I can't get to my other artifacts until my wife's
always-down-on-her-luck friend moves all of her crap. Hopefully she'll move out soon. I'll try to post those later. HH okie
20201223_212413.jpg20201223_212502.jpg20201223_210423.jpg

Okierebel, those are some Excellent Native American Artifacts. All are beautifully displayed. The Native Americans were quite the craftsmen. I know that you are proud of your collection and rightfully so. The painting on the rock is and was well done, and adds a special touch to your collection. (y)

Thanks, Confetrit!! You know, I tried to do some of that flint knapping. Not even close!! I've seen
people do it that were good though. Yes they were craftsmen and very resourceful also.
HH okie

I remember as a kid my parents and their friends couple would go down on the Clearwater River and “shake” for arrowheads. Dad would build an A frame looking stand and then put an old roller from an old style washing machine on top. Make a screen box, roll and shake the box along the roller and only the arrowheads and rocks would stay inside. After he passed away the step sisters gave them to me and I had a display box made. On the wall downstair in the ManCave.

Greg (E.Tn) asked to see some NA relics. Each display contains points from two different areas and you can see a difference in
craftsmanship. I didn't make the boxes but an older lady my wife knew wanted to make one for me. She painted the picture on
the rock. I wasn't expecting that and it totally blew me away! I threw in the last pic, I used to make replica stuff but not much anymore.
I built the box and made the piece and used an old primitive knife. At the moment I can't get to my other artifacts until my wife's
always-down-on-her-luck friend moves all of her crap. Hopefully she'll move out soon. I'll try to post those later. HH okie
View attachment 10571View attachment 10572View attachment 10573
Neat finds, there Okie. Looks like the cover a period all the way from at least Archaic to Woodland.

Very nice! I love some flint. My youngest and I cover a lot of ground.

Attachments

• 3D819453-466D-4D3B-ADC3-47FC281EDCFD.jpeg
    3D819453-466D-4D3B-ADC3-47FC281EDCFD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • 8CAD6C67-4B5B-4582-9D40-C1059989FACC.jpeg
    8CAD6C67-4B5B-4582-9D40-C1059989FACC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 192
  • 8E308E0E-7CA8-4468-8455-817A5CEA89DE.jpeg
    8E308E0E-7CA8-4468-8455-817A5CEA89DE.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 190
My great uncle, shortly after the dust bowl in the 1930's used to find arrowheads all over where the soil blew away down to the hardback. He had hundreds or maybe thousands of them. Last I knew they were displayed in the bank in my old home town. In my preteen years, my family used to go with him to hunt them. He would tell us to walk into the sun and check out the shiny rocks.

If you are ever traveling in southeast Colorado, In La Junta is a place called the Koshare Kiva. It has beautiful artifacts and Indian artwork. There is information on the internet about it.

I used to know a guy , he would walk across a plowed field or a recently cleared homesite and find arrowheads. I never had that knack ,, most times it looked like just another rock.

That is a very nice collection you have and great display!!!
I have only found a small handful over the years, but my imagination always runs wild when I do pick one up.

Nice displays, I have my mom's Arrowhead Collection but have no idea where it is after Tami moved everything out of my apartment & with this house so small & crowded & garage is full --my kids may find them & some other nice things after I'm dead & buried; sure hope a war isn't started over my good stuff that I still managed to keep after the Auction & all the moving I did! Ma

WoW
Absolutely Incredible.
Nice presentation.
I've never found points.
I found a hide rub stone years ago.
Not a meal stone.
If I can figure out where it is I'll post it for you.
Too many boxes.