Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nearly skunked!

tab-nabit

Wasn't going to post but oh well....
Has not rained in a few days so this morning decided to hit a sizeable tot lot on our way grocery shopping. It's actually 4 tot lots close together in one park. 3 had bark chips and 1 some kind of ground rubber like tire shred. Different types of climbing do-dads, slides, swings, spring rocker animals etc.
There were 2 grounds keeper vehicles, so I decided to stick within the tot lots - show my respect of not digging the grass area. Got in and started swinging my detector and it was clean of targets. Finally hit a target, foil. Then a few more pieces of foil. Finally found a tab. The wife with our dog stayed nearby and I kept at it from one to the other. I couldn't believe how so little my finds were going. I told the wife I now want to find just one coin or piece of jewelry then will call it quits so we can get shopping. I did hit a few good sounding targets but they were below some type of netting/mat and I wasn't going to poke through in respect of the barrier.
Finally, nearly 2 hours and a stink'n lincoln penny - I wonder if the wife tossed it ahead of me just so we can get our shopping done.
Nearly 2 hours for 1 penny, a couple tabs and some pieces of foil. Alright who went in and cleaned up before I got there. Think the wife believed me when I told her I need a few more detectors over the half dozen I already have? Does she think I'm faking and maybe want another detector? I wasn't faking but who doesn't want another detector. Or was it just my unlucky day - nope, saved by a 1989 penny and a couple clean tabs.

Some days are diamonds, some days are dog---t. :nopity: Tomorrow may be diamonds.. :clapping:I hit two tot lots last week; one was wallowing quarters and the second was dogs---

I got out Saturday and drove up the Lake Huron shore line about and hour and a half ride to inspect our Camper that was in storage. Everything there was fine.
So on the way back I stopped at a couple of Beaches and Harbors to check the fishing action. I saw two steelhead trout caught from shore, so that action might be picking up.
At the second spot I pulled out the old detector and spent an hour checking the Volleyball Court and the Beach. One bottle cap, One 1964 type Put tab ring and some melted aluminum slugs. I cannot believe the place was so clean.
Because I dug a pull tab ring, I was hoping the beach was eroded down to an old layer of sand. no luck with that.
Temps were on the mid 40's, cloudy and the wind was cold when it picked up. Luckily I was somewhat shielded by a ridge line off to the west.
On the way back to the truck I did get a good hit with a solid 91 in a grassy area.
That turned out to be a 1978 cent. The patina leads me to believe it was down there for 46 years too.
By that time I was ready to sit down and warm up and find an outhouse. Why is there none available when you need one?
So a similar outing with a lot of hunting with slim results - it was a refresher course type of day. It reinforced to me that the detector is still working A-Ok and so am I.

Coin Rescue Inc. I'd say your hunt whipped me. Tied getting a penny, then you pulled ahead seeing 2 steelhead caught. I did see a few dump sites from someone else's dog walking to the tot lot and back to the SUV. I was lucky I didn't step on a dog pile or two though...:poop:

I got out Saturday and drove up the Lake Huron shore line about and hour and a half ride to inspect our Camper that was in storage. Everything there was fine.
So on the way back I stopped at a couple of Beaches and Harbors to check the fishing action. I saw two steelhead trout caught from shore, so that action might be picking up.
At the second spot I pulled out the old detector and spent an hour checking the Volleyball Court and the Beach. One bottle cap, One 1964 type Put tab ring and some melted aluminum slugs.
Sounds like Port Sanilac Beach?

Sounds like Port Sanilac Beach?
I stopped at the Port Sanilac Beach to look around and then the Lexington Beach. Lexington is were I did the Metal Detecting from the pavilion to the water and back.

I moved back to my home hown after living out of state for 15 years. Went to the beach on lake Michigan, figured it would be like the old days with plenty of clad. Soon the Tractor pulling the beach cleaner showed up. That thing goes down about 3 inches. I buried a coin ahead of the machine, 3 inches down, and it did not pick it up. So some good news. I still dug a dozen clad.
I think there is more detectorist competition, and less people carry change now days. I'm counteracting with state of the art equipment ( Manticore and the 12 x 15 coil. )

I hit Lake Mi beaches on a regular basis, not a lot of change since everyone pays with their phone.

I stopped at the Port Sanilac Beach to look around and then the Lexington Beach. Lexington is were I did the Metal Detecting from the pavilion to the water and back.
Nice beaches that I get to a couple times a year when vacationing, not like I do the Lake Mi beaches I live near. Usually cover Ludington to Rosy Mound