Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neat little token i found today

gregD

Found this in the yard of 1878 farm house near Metamora/Eureka.... I found a record of the store existing in 1912 but i dont know when they opened and closed.

Still no silver coins yet :(

i just picked up an XP Deus from craigslist on Monday and am learning a lot about it still so i am sure this old place will cough up something better soon!

Speas Brothers of Cazenovia token....That's so cool. I found one of those a few years back. Cazenovia use to be a real popular town in the early 1900s. when the railroad was there. Congrats on the token. Thanks for posting and sharing it with us.

Here's some info from 1878: http://genealogytrails.com/ill/woodford/LinnTwpTax.htm

Got to love those token finds, congratulations Greg.

I didn't know you were THAT old Flinthunter! :surprised: :devil: :rofl:

Yea Nancy, I'm just older than dirt. When I was a kid Cazenovia had a gas station, a tavern, a grocery store, a grain elevator, an automotive garage, and a post office. Oh yea, and the train that went through there at that time was still pulled by a steam locomotive.

I remember the gas station, the Post Office, grain elevator and I'm not quite sure about the grocery store. See, I'm not too far behind you. I'm not as old as dirt but just about. :biggrin:

There was couple from Cazenovia that belonged to the Lowpoint Methodist Church and we would go visit them. I can picture their faces but not the name. Josie Kunkle? I'll remember as soon as I shut this thing off.

Flinthunter,

I hear you have found gold in a creek somewhere around Peoria? I usually go to Indiana to get my gold fix but Peoria is maybe 3 hours south of Aurora isn't it?
I have tons of sluices, hibankers, and a 2 inch dredge, just need a place to use them close by.
I could sure use some new treasure buddies too. Never hunted for arrowheads, need a teacher, and fossils too....

-Tom V, in Aurora