Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need a bit o'help

ScottTX

I purchased a 10 x 12 SEF coil. I was going to install it until I noticed that the wire coil is to large to fit inside the lower extension. So, here's where the help comes in. How are y'all installing the SEF's on the E-Trac?

The only thing I can figure is to use a piece of twine or cord of some sort. Feed it down the shaft then pull on the coax coil, via the string, stretching out the coax coil by holding back on the other end of the coax.

Before, I do anything I would like to have someone who has done this tell me how they did it.

Thanks,

Find a shoe string and tie it to the cord on the coil and then you can pull it up thru
the shaft with no problem.I do it that way all the time and it works great.
Gary

I seen somewhere in the earlier post that some use armor all to help ease the friction.

You know I didn't have any problem on mine when I installed the pro-coil, but I've seen where others have. On MLOTV I think it was Des Dunne that started the coil in then "whipped" the cord on down. He did a video on it, it also might be on youtube. Not for sure.

NebTrac

i just twisted mine in as i pushed it. turn it so that the coils tighten up as you push. didnt take but a minute to get in and threw the shaft.

christopher-ohio said:

True but have fun cleaning the dirt,mud and crud from you cable wraped shaft after a day of grabbing it lol.

you can hear the target that you heard with your coil plus sometimes there's another high tone peep or two there that alerts you to another coin...that is much harder to do with the Garrett or any other probe. When I detect, I'm very careful with my machines so it doesn't get caked with mud and dirt...we all have our own hunting styles...JHMO...HH

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll try some and see which one works for me.

Watch on the forum and you might pick up an extra lower shaft then just leave your coil mounted. Makes changing coils much easier. HH :minelab: