Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need a new starting point

lala09

I was wondering what type of change's that most of the guys that have been having success have been making other then changing from the DD coil. I can't seem to get no more then 4" to 5" of depth out of both of my V3's. I'm not able to get the V to settle down it want to false a lot and very noisy been working mostly with the sensitivity,discrimination and all metal (very little) I've also played with ground filter. :confused:

The only changes I've been making on a regular basis are the RX gain and the sensitivity. I run them all as high as I can without it falsing. Sometimes if there is a lot of interference, switching to single frequency will solve it. The concentric coils also help -- I was able to crank up the gain with the 5.3 coil in an area where the EMI drives the stock coil nuts at higher settings.

Don't have TWO V3 units within 20 to 30 feet of each other ;-)

Jerry

I hunt with a friend and we both use V3s, we just change the offset until they don't talk to each other, seems to work.

J

I dont know if its right or not,but I try to keep my discrimination as close to 90 as I can and adjust the RX down as needed until stable(maybe some slight falsing).Usually the lowest I need to take the RX down to is 4.This is with the stock coil and have dug coins to about 8".I also try to run the 5 band filter setting with the recovery about 90 as much as possible.Im a slow sweeper.:biggrin:

I'm sure you have checked the obvious, battery voltage., it sounds like it could be something more if the battery is charged. What version of software is it?

I have the off set fix to where I can get within 10 ft of each other. This is happening while one of the V's are turned off.

Larry it's not the battery's the versions of software is 1.3 on the Spectra & 1.0 Vision

I just find it hard to believe I got two bad dd coils. I got my 950 coils today I'll see what if anything changes in the morning

Ty for the program changes robertk & BHNugget I'll try them in the morning.