Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED ADVICE on the F-75 dP (Delta Pitch) AUDIO :

Brian,

Funny you should mention Etrac - I'm buying one tomorrow as a beach machine and will also test it head-to-head against my F75 for deep silver, etc. Good luck out there. - Jim

One beef I have with the LTD is that the angle of the screen (for me at least) makes it difficult to see the small real time depth display (due to glare).

The thing is that the position of the sun and the direction you are facing plays as much a part as the angle of the screen and no matter what the angle of the screen is, there will be a glare at times because of the other two factors.... HOWEVER... you can get an anti-glare screen protector and put it on the screen.

Since the depth meter is tied to the size of the target they may be able to make it ignore more shallow targets of a particular size. I bet there are factors we are not considering that will make it impossible, in any case, you can set the (i'm not sure what Fisher calls it) gain so that deeper targets aren't as loud and just dig those. It works!

J

Mike Hillis said:
A audio mode that is using continuous sampling looks at both the leading, peak, and trailing ends of the target signal. Using high disc settings chop off part of that leading and trailing edge of the signal. Since continuous sampling doesn't include the additional cleanup filtering that peak sampling uses the audio will seem hesitant and a bit choppy. Fairly common phenomenon. I experienced it a lot with some Whites and Tesoro units.

If it really bothers you, just switch to a peak sampling audio mode.

HH
Mike

Mike which audio mode would be a just a peak sampling audio mode ?

Scott that's interesting to learn the bounty hunters had a surface blank feature, sounds like a GREAT feature for trashy parks....[size=x-large]FIRST TEXAS HOW ABOUT IT IN YOUR NEXT FLAGSHIP MODELS?????[/size]

Thanks for the tips on the screen glare guys. If they made a better screen cover to begin with that would help, but for me the angle is just off period. If I could adjust it, that would be a BIG help, but the glossy (cheap) built on screen cover would still be a bit of a problem at times (sunny times). For me it's more the angle, even at night.

hh,
Brian