Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help from a seasoned CTX relic hunter

jtalley007

I recently got a CTX after a couple years without one. I would really like to talk with someone to see what kind of depth you're getting on bullets in good soil?

I know I'm rusty but have tried all the modes, sensitivity, and gain adjustments in a place I test all my machines and hunted frequently with my old 3030.

I was digging targets in this pounded spot but in 2 trips the deepest bullets were 2-4" short of the ones I dug with my old one.

My deepest one in the past was a measured 14" one in wood and probably 100 at a foot or more.

I've been detecting over 43 years so can tell right away when something is not right.

I wonder if I need to reset this thing to factory settings, or?

Could use some help, thanks in advance

Jerry

What settings are you running? Sensitivity? Discrimination? Fast on or off, etc?

My favorite relic setup is combined, very light discrimination (Fe 32 and above), low trash, fast off, deep on, pinpoint sizing, and Auto+3 sensitivity. That is my standard, but I will go manual sensitivity where the auto is too low. This setting will hit on bullets at 12" or deeper in good soil where I can get 25 or so with semi-auto sensitivity.

I also have a backup mode for mineralized ground where I use ground-coin separation and seawater mode. I have another mode for high trash areas.

I have had times with mine where it was just on fire finding stuff and others where I had to set everything to max and still not right.
I have recently had weird definite firmware bugs. I'm thinking it might be connector corrosion so I bought a recommended spray contact cleaner to try.
Older units are approaching the time for internal battery swap. This might protect custom settings in addition to things like time.
If this is it a problem a power on and reset should give you good prrformance during the hunt even if you modify settings. The settiings just might not "take" through a following power cycle/battery swap. Also just try an alternate coil as some have issues that hurt depth.