Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help with a good coin program for e trac

bradley

hi everyone i get my e trac tommorow and i need a good coin program i live in kentucky the ground has alot of mineralization if anyone could share a good coin program with me i would appreciat it thanks:yo:

Hi.. You would be surprised to hear from many of the folks on here that the preloaded Minelab basic coin mode is the preferred choice with a couple modifications...one being to set the sensitivity to auto +3. and to raise the Audio Variability around the 25 to 29 level...I use mine at 29. Learn the basic settings and how and what they do. Then do a noise cancel and be prepared to start digging some 7" to 10" holes.
Be patient and your machine will train you better than anyone. The sounds of different targets is your main concern. Learn those and you will come along fine.

Take out the 1 line in the top right hand corner of the smart find screen so you can find silver dollars turn it on and go dig. Congratulations on your new machine. HH :minelab:

http://sabischbooks.com/

It is the bible to learn how to use the Etrac.

Good luck, you've got a great machine.

Bill

thanks everyone i will make those changes to e trac when i get it i cant wait i love metal detecting i will post pics of the goodies:detecting:

[attachment 197992 Abdyscoinprogram.jpg]Uploaded Pattern Rationale Described
Posted by: Andy Sabisch [ Send a Message ]
Date: January 31, 2009 05:01PM Registered: 5 years ago

Based on several requests for this explanation as to what the basis for the Pattern I have been using for coin hunting with pretty good success, I put the following image and legend together.

If you want to download the Pattern to try on your E-Trac, here is the post you can find it:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,891768

The following legend refers to the image at the end of the post.

=======================

[A] This area rejects CO values from 00 to 03 (top to bottom). This rejects foil and is low enough so as to not loose gold rings. Chains are hard enough to hit with an FBS detector so this pattern plays the odds and rejects this region based on the amount of trash it rejects while still hitting small gold rings

(B) This is the iron reject and rejects everything from the FE = 28 line to the bottom. Any less and iron bleeds thru any more and you can cut confusing signals from good targets that are adjacent to ferrous trash and pass them up

[C] This line which rejects the CO = 50 line (top to bottom) is added to eliminate hot rocks in my area . . . you may have to play with this if yours are different. This elimination is much like the eliminate +95 on the DFX & XLT from Whites

[D] This is an odd area that took some tweaking to define. It is primarily designed to get rid of most not all iron falses that can come from deep or old pieces of iron. Starting from the CO = 00 line (all the way to the left), it rejects the area from FE = 00 to FE = 08 up to the CO = 32 point. Then it jogs up to reject FE = 03 and goes over to CO = 37. From there it goes back up to FE = 00 and accepts the rest of the area over to the CO = 50 line defined by [C] above.

[E] This are was opened back up to ensure larger denomination silver coins would not be rejected since they come off the FE = 12 line.

If you want to use the pattern, download it to your computer, open the Xchange application, open the pattern and upload it to your E-Trac. I can attached the settings file I use if anyone is interested but again, this is what works for me in my area . . . . you can look it over before simply uploading it and using it as gospel. It works for me . . . you may prefer some subtle changes for your area or preferences.

Once you have the Pattern the way you want it and the settings, you can save the whole collection as one of the 4 MY MODE files on your E-Trac to recall it later.

Let me know if there are any questions, comments or feedback on how it works for you

Andy Sabisch

thanks alot randy for that im waiting for it to get here today i really needed that coin program from andy thanks for posting that for me :cheers:

Glad I could help. Andy's Book is worth every penny. I'd pick one up when you get a chance. You're in for a lot of fun. Just remember to be patient, move slowly, keep the coil hugging the ground, and dig a ton of targets (good and bad) to learn the tones. Above all have fun :detecting: Good Luck!!